Author Topic: John Morgan/ Madge Christie  (Read 2559 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: John Morgan/ Madge Christie
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 April 14 15:53 BST (UK) »
Backtracking to the 1881 census - Madge is actually Marjory N Christie.  Father David is shown as a separate entry at the same address

Using surnames only - SP has 1 Morgan/Christie marriage between 1901-1917 but does not match to a John & Marjory/Madge/Margery etc etc
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 April 14 16:25 BST (UK) »
SP has a death for a Marjory Nicol Christie 1914 Blairgowrie Perth , born c1866.
Morgan is not showing as the other surname.

From the IGI -
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQ47-VLG

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline scully

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 April 14 18:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks for everyones help. Its something to look into. I have just checked Daniels Cuthberts, Thomas,s fathers death certificate & it said he was married to Mary Beattie. On his marriage to Mary McLean it said he was a bachelor aged 23yrs & Mary was a Spinster aged 19yrs. It has his right parents name on it. I have Checked on SP but can,t find a marriage to a Mary beattie. but it do,s explain how Thomas brother later had the name beattie in his name. its very odd. 

Scully

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 April 14 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hello again

Have you noticed that on the 1891 census for Daniel Cuthbert there is an Agnes Beattie listed as a boarder. Going back to the 1881 census she would appear to be the daughter of John and Ann Beattie. She also has an older sister Mary, the same age as Mary Cuthbert in 1991 census. What are Marys parents names on  marriage certificate? If they are Neil McLean and Ann Pilmer or Palmer possible explanation is that John Beattie was Ann's second husband.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline scully

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 April 14 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi William,
 Thank you, that's great. I do have Neil McLean & Ann Pilner  as Mary,s Parents. With everybodys help I seem to getting some where. I am the cousin of Uncle Thomas,s granddaughter and she,s not been able to find out much so I thought I would give rootschat a try and as usual you are all so helpful and mange to get me some information. Thank you all again.

Scully

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 17 April 14 22:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

Marriage on family search Neil McLean and Ann Pilmer Edinburgh 12 Oct 1868. John Beattie and Ann Palmer 10 Oct 1871 Edinburgh but births have parents as John Beattie and Ann Pilmer for Agnes 30 Jan 1872 and William Watson Beattie and John Beattie 14 April 1874.  A search on SP deaths only has one hit for Ann Beattie other name Pilmer.

Hope this helps.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)