Author Topic: Dilworth family name  (Read 33133 times)

Offline angellize69

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dilworth family name
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 13:44 GMT (UK) »
That would be a great help if you could find out as im still in the dark with this one.
Thanks alot
DILWORTH-GLASGOW<br />SUTHERLAND-CAITHNESS<br />MCCAFFERTY-GLASGOW<br />BALLINGALL-GLASGOW<br />ROSIE-SCOTLAND<br />MANSON-CAITHNESS<br />CAILES/CAIL/KAIL-DORSET<br />CAILES/KAIL-HAMPSHIRE<br />CAILES/KAIL-WILTSHIRE<br />HIDES-LINCOLNSHIRE<br />WHITNEY-LINCS<br />THOMPSON-LINCS

Offline LimerickLad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 13:50 GMT (UK) »
I can ask my mother as she remembers them, I'll get back to you as asap

Offline angellize69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.....its much appreciated x
DILWORTH-GLASGOW<br />SUTHERLAND-CAITHNESS<br />MCCAFFERTY-GLASGOW<br />BALLINGALL-GLASGOW<br />ROSIE-SCOTLAND<br />MANSON-CAITHNESS<br />CAILES/CAIL/KAIL-DORSET<br />CAILES/KAIL-HAMPSHIRE<br />CAILES/KAIL-WILTSHIRE<br />HIDES-LINCOLNSHIRE<br />WHITNEY-LINCS<br />THOMPSON-LINCS

Offline TF13

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Emain Macha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 12:57 GMT (UK) »
hi,
there is a better site for griffiths valuation of ireland;

http://griffiths.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_start.php

it allows you to look at the actual image and to see other names in the area. a lot of dilworths in armagh and tyrone.

tony

Offline angellize69

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 November 08 13:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you...i will have a look there too x

Offline Jim2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 October 11 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I would like to reply to the person who has ancestors buried locally in Limerick. My Grandfather and his brother came to Limerick in early 1900s to live and each had a bicycle shop. My grandfather was James Thomas and his brother John. James Thomas is buried with his wife in Preston but I would like to know where John is buried. Thanks.
Jim2011.

Offline LimerickLad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 03 October 11 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jim

Apologies, I seemed to have lost track of this thread.  Anyway John Dilworth was married to my great aunt Margaret Walsh and they are buried in Mt St Lawrence cemetery Limerick.  My grandmother was Annie Walsh her sister.  My mother sadly died last year (great age)    She remembered John Dilworth as beng English and he was a perfect gentleman.  There is one of the Dilworths grand daughter living in France married to a Frenchman.  She had a lot of photos

I attach a photo of their grave, two of their children are buried in it.  Interestingly it right beside graves of two of Margaret's siblings and their spouses

Regards

Tom

Offline Jim2011

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 03 October 11 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,
So sorry to hear about your mother. But brilliant for the photo. This is my grand uncle. Was trying to search on line books for St. Lawrence Graveyard. The Dilworths in my case came from Bolton / Preston in Lancashire. My grandfather James returned to Bolton after some time. Will post more details in near future. Would you have rough directions in St. Lawrence. My wife also is from Limerick. I am from Dublin.
Thanks a million , Jim.

Offline PAD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 03 November 11 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim, if what you say is correct, I must be your first cousin, James Thomas was my grandfather also, my father being Daniel Patrick.  I had no idea you existed, and am amazed to find I have a cousin or cousins I knew nothing about.  I am also from Dublin, Walkinstown, where did you live?  Did you know about us, I will leave the details for later, don't want to shock you!  I look forward to hearing from you, Regards,
Peter Dilworth