Author Topic: Your New RootsChat is here  (Read 68069 times)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Your New RootsChat is here
« on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Welcome.

Your new RootsChat is here.

We have been working for many months in the background to bring you an improved service, look and feel to your RootsChat.

RootsChat has grown beyond our expectations since it was launched over some 9 years ago in 2003.

As at today, we now have just under 200,000 members of RootsChat – an amazing number of like minded people!

The RootsChat Community is now getting on for being the largest UK based Genealogy Forum in the UK, thanks to all our members.

In order to be able to cope with the ever growing number of members, we have undertaken a massive revamp of the nuts and bolts behind what makes RootsChat what it is. We hope that these changes will make your time on RootsChat run without a hitch!

Now that you have logged back on to your new RootsChat , take time to explore. Everything is where you last left it! Your account should be as before with all your posts, personal messages, personal profile etc.

As you can imagine, with any mayor upgrade, there may be some issues which we have not anticipated or been able to test as much as we would like prior to the re-launch. We apologize in advance if you experience any problems settling back in. We are aware that there is a problem with the 'Chat' at the moment, so we have provided a link to the old ChatterBox too.

If something is a problem, let us know about it. The best way to do this is by using the Contact Support button, or by sending an email to webmaster at rootschat.com. We will aim to get back to you as quickly as we can. This may be a busy time though.

The RootsChat Team
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Your New RootsChat is here
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Trystan

It wont let me in chatroom,  says its invalid name ????   :o
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find my way around at the moment  :)

But firstly can I ask what's happened to the font,it's gone really tiny?
Not good for an old gal like me to try and read  ;D

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Welcome.

Your new RootsChat is here.

We apologize in advance if you experience any problems settling back in. We are aware that there is a problem with the 'Chat' at the moment, so we have provided a link to the old ChatterBox too.

The RootsChat Team

Daisy see Trystans post. ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Any change is going to cause a multitude of problems, large and small, and a multitude of "like" and "don't like" answers, so before we get into that, can I just a say huge Thank You to Trystan and Sarah for starting RootsChat in the first place,

and another huge Thank you to you, Trystan. 
You've been working all night to update the forum and get it up and running again.

Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Hey thanks Bob. Really tired now. It was really difficult at four o'clock in the morning.  :(

Hope most people like it.  :)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Trystan yes thanks for all your work well done....still can't find link to OLD chat room
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:38 GMT (UK) »
I like it!! ;D

As someone who has done many, many software releases over the years, I empathise with you, Trystan!

Now, get some sleep ;)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 20 December 12 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Trystan yes thanks for all your work well done....still can't find link to OLD chat room

Very top of the page, on the right: Chatterbox?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)