Author Topic: William Wilson  (Read 19804 times)

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
William Wilson
« on: Sunday 13 September 09 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hello I looking for anyone who is researching this family.
William Wilson b.1862 ,Backhill of Clackriach, Old Deer he died 1954 Ellon.
William married 1900 in New Deer to Annie Burnett she was born 1874 Bulwark,Old Deer.
they had 4 children
1/ Annie Wilson b.1904, Maud, d. 1985 Portgordon , Banff.
2/ William Wilson b.1905, Maud, d.1972, Murthly Perthshire.
3/ Nellie Wilson b.1906. Maud, d.1966 Huntly.
4/ John Wilson b.1911, Maud.

William b.1862 had a sister Eliza.
Eliza had 3 children
1/ George Robertson b. Old Deer.
2/ Helen Finnie Wilson b.1881, Old Deer
3/ Mary Fraser b.1885, Old Deer.
Would love to hear from anyone with a connection with these family's.
Thank you McCubbin

McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Gilmour-Glasserton,Stirling,Edinburgh
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 September 09 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi,I'm not researching this family but I may be able to help if you've any queries regarding the Bulwark,Old Deer area.Most of my husband's ancestors are from this area, & as a consequence,I'm familiar with the place. Can you give me the names of William & Annie's parents (off their wedding certificate). Also, have you got the Wilsons on the censuses?
Regards,
flst

TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 September 09 22:51 BST (UK) »
Hello
Thank You for getting in touch.
William Wilson b.1862 Father was William Wilson Mother was Helen Walker or Minty they stayed Mill of Clackriach Old Deer.
I have all info on this Family, I have been doing them along time, it was just to see if there was any one new researching this family.
I was up in Old Deer a few years back nice wee place, went  to the graveyard got a nice surprise found a grave stone with a lot of family on it.
Thank You
McCubbin
McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 September 09 23:05 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear you've got the information on this family. Can you tell me what became of John Wilson,born 1911? My in-laws may have known him.
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 September 09 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Flst,
Do not have any more information on John, I have information on his brother and Sisters.
Bye for now
McCubbin.
McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline mccubbin

• RootsChat Member
  • Richard Low
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 13 September 09 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Flst,
I see you have Morison, Finnie, Fowlie, Walker and Low in your family search.
I have Morison they come from Ross and Cromarty.
Finnie was my Great Granny name she was born in the Wilson's family from old deer, she illegitimate.
I have two sets of Fowlie's Family's  in my Wilson Tree.
I have Helen Walker married William Wilson she was from Ellon.
and the last ones are Low's they are from Fyvie.

Is there any connection with the names.
Bye
McCubbin
McCubbin-Wigtownshire
Thomson- Midlothian
Low-Aberdeen
Wilson-Aberdeenshire
Souness-East Lothian
Bathgate-Edinburgh
Kennedy-Stirling
Stewart's-Perthshire

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 September 09 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, I will have to look into this further but offhand the only 2 names that we may have a connection with are the Finnies & Fowlies.I'll get back to you soon.
flst

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 September 09 21:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, the Fowlies I have researched are Peter,born c1744 Fraserburgh & his wife Elspet Clyne.  Peter was a farmer in Scareleys,New Deer parish. The Finnies that I'm interested in are James Finnie,(son of Thomas & Isabella Thomson,born 19 April 1855 in Peterhead) & his offspring.  He married Isabella Mitchell Clubb on 3rd December 1886 at Clochcan,Savoch parish.
flst

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi mccubbin,
I forgot about this family,William Finnie married Ann Wyllie on 10/7/1774 in Old Deer parish. I have a note of 4 children but suspect they'd a few more owing to the gap between the first 3 & the 4th one!
William born 1772,George born 1774,Christian born 1779 & Anne (my ancestor,she married William Cobban) born 1791.They were all born at Hythie,Old Deer parish.
flst