Author Topic: Birth and Death Record for William Colles Moore  (Read 23833 times)

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth and Death Record for William Colles Moore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 12:59 BST (UK) »
ok thanks Shane its quite frustrating but I suppose you cant do all your research on line! I may after all have to consider coming over to Ireland but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing beforehand, thanks for all your help
Cumbria: Hunter, Simpson, Glanville
Durham: Cook, Young
Somerset: Young, Cannon
Middlexsex: Barron, Holloway
Cornwall: Bonney, Truscott, Glanville, Brenton
Ireland: Colles-Moore
Scotland: Barron

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 13:10 BST (UK) »
do you know when and where William Colles Moore died ?  (I think we discussed this before in an earlier thread - but wondering if you have a cert..)

Sometimes an obituary or newspaper death notice can give some additional details that might help.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 13:25 BST (UK) »
hello yes I have the certificate he died Dublin South county of Dublin at 1 Gulistan Terrace, Upper Mount Pleasant Avenue on 27th July 1866 aged 58

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 13:28 BST (UK) »
I'll see if I can find anything..

Will get back to you.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 13:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you Shane, much appreciated  :)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 August 10 18:40 BST (UK) »
I was not able to find very much found on William's death unfortunately - just a single, very sparse death notice dated 1st Aug 1866 in Freeman's Journal, stating the date of his death, his name and the fact that he was Rector of Carnew, Co. Wicklow. No mention that I could see in the Times.

I'll send a scan of the article to you later on.

Shane

(update: p.m. sent)
My Surname Interests

Offline chevreville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 November 10 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Shane

There is an entry for William Colles Moore in Leslie's Ferns Clergy and Parishes as follows:

"He was the son of Rev Thomas Ottiwell Moore M. (see Horetown), was born in Co Wexford, ed. by Mr McKenna, ent TCD  Oct 14th 1822 aged 16, BA 1828, appears to have been curate to his father in Leskinfere in 1844. He married  (ML 16 May 18340 Mary Jane Boyce. Carnew Par. Reg records the baptism of 2 of their children viz William Nassau bap Sept 29 1850 and Thomas Ottiwell Ernest bap Apr 29 1955. A Tablet in Carnew church to his memory is inscribed;
2 Sacred to the Memory of Revd. William Colles Moore A.B. T.C.D who entered into his rest on the 27th day of July 1866, aged 60 years. He was rector of this parish for 19 years. a bold faithful preacher of the Gospel, unceasingly inculcating the Doctrine of the Cross, the Depravity of Man, The Godhead, The Incarnation and Atonement of Christ, Justification of Faith in Him only, the security of God's Elect and the Personality, Deity and the Operations of the Holy Ghost. This tablet is erected by his attached and sorrowing parishioners and friends who deeply feel that his removal is a severe loss, not only to the parish but also to the Church of Christ in Ireland in general and the interest of Protestanism in Ireland generally".

His wife Mary Jane Boyce is related to my husband's family. Her father was a John Boyce a wealthy merchant who lived in Carnew Castle

Offline Shellspacebabe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 November 10 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chevreville

Thank you so much for this its a brilliant discovery for me!
So my 3 x Great grandfather married a Mary Jane Boyce and they had two sons, the marriage was in 1840 (William was aged 40 when they married), they had two sons born 1850 and 1855.  My 2 x great grandmother was Annie Moore she married in 1874 in Dublin her father was by then deceased, she was 14 when William died so she was born in 1852.  I would have thought perhaps some mention of her? William Colles Moore Revd is down as her father on the marriage cerficate so that is a new puzzle I am sure there cannot have been two Revd William Colles Moores?  do you by any chance know anything of Annie Moore she was born in Country Wicklow

Michele

Offline chevreville

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 29 November 10 21:37 GMT (UK) »
Dear Michele

There is no mention of her in the Leslie book but it does not record all children generally. William Colles Moore was the rector in Carnew from 1847 until his death in 1866 so I suspect she was baptised there if you can get access to those records. Her father would still have been down as her father on her marriage cert even if she had died?

Annie's grandfather John Tandy Boyce was born in 1785 or 1786 and died on 7 July 1886 aged 101. He is buried in the graveyard in Carnew. He was a wealthy man, being a merchant in Andrew Street in Dublin and leaving about £80,000. His wife was Arabella Boyce and she too is buried in Carnew having died on 4 July 189 aged 95.

Regards
Jean