Author Topic: angus - printers  (Read 1287 times)

Offline roly

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
angus - printers
« on: Friday 28 February 14 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Am searching for particulars of the family Angus that printed broadside ballads in Newcastle.  Thomas I, I know, died in 1778.  His widow, Margaret, carried on the business until c. 1812 (one son, Thomas II, joined her) and then was succeeded by George, who printed until 1825.  He went bankrupt; and died in 1829.  The details here are from the British Book Trade Index.

I'm looking to fill out the bare bones; for the business, from sources such as street directories; will, of course, search via Ancestry where possible...But maybe someone has other details that can help, especially about the family.

roly

I am no longer able to respond to my threads on RootsChat, Ihave enjoyed my time here and my research. My notification have been turned off.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: angus - printers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 February 14 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Durham inheritance project, apply to them for the will,

Thomas Angus, printer of town and Parish of Newcastle Upon Tyne

Date of probate 31st Jan 1809

will 6th September 1808  reference,  DPRI//1/1809/A6/1
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,