Author Topic: Emily jones Overton birth  (Read 7658 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emily jones Overton birth
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 March 14 18:44 GMT (UK) »
I have to apologise for my late responding to this.I'm generally informed of new topics by Email on the Flintshire Board?

I'm surprised that considering the Jones/Richards marriage in 1907 was given in the Ellesmere District of Shropshire that you didn't look also for her birth in the Ellesmere District?

Admittedly it is given as Ellersmere on Ancestry wrongly.

Now her name on the marriage record is given as Emily E Jones.All BMD events at Overton Flintshire were recorded in the Ellesmere District of Shropshire at this time.This strongly points to the entry of Annabella Emily E Jones in the Apr/May/Jun quarter of 1882 in the Ellesmere District of Shropshire,Volume 6a,Page 749.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Doreenj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Dear wj I may have found her birth in Oswestry. I don't think the name annabelle has ever been mentioned. I am about to contact someone who has more info, thanks very much and I will keep you informed.  Doreen

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Well Doreen,with the greatest of respect I would not honestly give you any false advice.I have got literally hundreds of people born in Overton Flintshire in my Tree.All of their births show in the Ellesmere District of Shropshire.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could I reinforce what WR Jones has said. If she was shown as born in Overton in the censuses then it is extremely unlikely that she would be registered in Oswestry:

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/oswestry.html

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/ellesmere.html

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:54 GMT (UK) »
A bit more:

Civil Registration
When Civil Registration was introduced (on 1 July 1837), the parish of Overton was assigned to the No. 1 ("Overton") sub-district of the Ellesmere Registration District, which was co-extensive with the Ellesmere poor law Union.

In the GRO indexes to civil registration, entries for Overton are in the format :

Years 1837 - 1851: Ellesmere XVIII. nnn
    Years 1851 - 1930: Ellesmere 6a. nnn

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/Overton/index.html#Registration
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Doreenj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 01 March 14 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Dear wr I am not disputing your info on birth records. As this was I believe an illegitimate birth it is possible that wrong info was given for place of birth.I have seen the birth certificate on the public members tree but it is too small for me to read and I can't for the life of me work out how to send an email from this computer. I have only just started to learn Help.  Doreen

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 01 March 14 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Dear wr I am not disputing your info on birth records. As this was I believe an illegitimate birth it is possible that wrong info was given for place of birth.I have seen the birth certificate on the public members tree but it is too small for me to read and I can't for the life of me work out how to send an email from this computer. I have only just started to learn Help.  Doreen

No birth cert onn the tree that I've looked at but it gives her mother as Mary Jane Jones (as the 1991). Father as on her marriage certificate, Overton 1907.

Gadget

Offline Doreenj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 01 March 14 20:36 GMT (UK) »
Dear gadget where are you looking at for the birth certificate. Are you saying that Mary Jane jones is the mother and Harold Tudor jones is the father? And was she born in Overton many thanks. Doreen

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 01 March 14 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Doreen

I'm just repeating what it says on a public tree - you should be able to get it up on Mundia -

http://www.mundia.com/gb/

Note that all info from  trees should be verified.

Somehow, I thought the mother might be Mary Jane when I saw the census. I've not found a baptism for Emily so far.  I don't see the Harold Tudor, with or without the Jones , in the cesuses so it might just be made up  :-\ 

Where was Mary Jane in 1881?

Gadget