Author Topic: Mrs Catherine Law  (Read 2374 times)

Offline judy purssell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mrs Catherine Law
« on: Sunday 20 April 14 10:24 BST (UK) »
Long story, but the midwife who delivered me in Prestatyn asked my parents to find the grave of her husband or son, I can't remember which, who had died in the First World War.  I don't really know where to start looking, so any help would be good.  Mrs Law died in 1962, registered in St Asaph.  There are too many Law's who were casualties in WW1 to identify him, especially as I don't know what his first name or regiment were.  Am I looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack?

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs Catherine Law
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 April 14 11:06 BST (UK) »
She was 78 when she died (freebmd) so born 1884.   Without a middle name or a bit more information I should think it's impossible to find out anything.    You could send for the death cert to see who registered the death.

Why do you think she asked your parents to do this search?   Seems odd, and must have been many years ago. 
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline judy purssell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 April 14 09:16 BST (UK) »
I said it was a long story!!  When I was 15 we went to Prestatyn Holiday Camp for a week, and while there we called on Mrs Law, so I met her.  We were talking about going to France for a camping holiday later in the year, and she asked us to look for the grave while we were there.  I can't tell you how many cemeteries we searched while we were there.  I will get hold of the death certificate to see if there are any clues on it. 

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 April 14 13:56 BST (UK) »
You will find it very hard to find if you don't have any names or date's of birth  ??? ???

Offline judy purssell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 April 14 10:16 BST (UK) »
I think my first step will have to be obtaining a copy of the death certificate.  I haven't been able to find out where she was born, so that's a bit vague, but the DC might give that detail.

Thanks for everybody's help.

j