Author Topic: Fielding Family of Dublin  (Read 8105 times)

Offline BJK

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fielding Family of Dublin
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 August 09 22:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Dara,
Dont like the thoughts of waiting 5 weeks! It is however important information and will be worth the wait. Is it possible to go to one of the LDS family centres and make copies of the certificates? The one nearest to me in Belfast is closed for refurbishment and im not sure if there are any others in NI/ROI.
Regards
Will

Offline J A Fielding

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 24 July 14 21:44 BST (UK) »
Belfast Gazette, 14 Jan.1927 page 8- Prison Warders: George Fielding (5 Aug.1922).

There's a marriage 1921 Co.Derry for a George Fielding to Florence A. Henderson (Londonderry registration district Apr./June 1921 volume 2 page 139) but also a marriage in Co Derry for a George Fielding in 1916 to Elizabeth Reilly (which doesn't show up in civil index) so difficult to know if any or either are your George's marriage.

Correction: James Henry Fielding m.1916 Elizabeth Reilly.

Offline J A Fielding

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 24 July 14 21:54 BST (UK) »
Wow, you lot have certainly given me something to think about. A lot of details do fit in, some dont though. might well send for their birth records, might prove or disprove a few things. I believed that George went to Derry and was warder at the old Derry jail, and i thought that he married in Derry also, but will check everything out.
Regards
Will
I am a grandchild of Florence and George Fielding. My Father is the fourth eldest of 6 children. I would be Happy to answer questions for you.