Author Topic: Yeates at Topcliffe and Asenby; Tesseymans at Raskelf  (Read 2390 times)

Offline greenfingers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Yeates at Topcliffe and Asenby; Tesseymans at Raskelf
« on: Thursday 06 February 14 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone any information on the Yeates family, many of whom were blacksmiths at Topcliffe and Asenby in the later 1700s and early 1800s; or about the Tesseyman family, who were blacksmiths at Raskelf and in surrounding villages at a similar time? I have some information to share.

Offline RayK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Yeates at Topcliffe and Asenby; Tesseymans at Raskelf
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 July 14 16:45 BST (UK) »
It's a while since your message but I have just joined Rootschat. I have a family link to the Tesseyman family in nearby Husthwaite, not far from Topcliffe. This any help?

Offline greenfingers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 July 14 10:19 BST (UK) »
Yes, that family is connected. My 3x great grandfather was William Tesseyman, a blacksmith at Raskelf who I believe was one of ten children of Francis Tesseyman (cordwainer) and Ann Duncalf of Husthwaite. Francis was the son of John Tesseyman (blacksmith) and Elizabeth Prest of Husthwaite. I have Francis' will (will passed in 1832) but little else and would appreciate anything else. I have more information on William for his time in Raskelf.

Offline Cutters Wenlock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 May 15 21:17 BST (UK) »
I have just picked up your post of about a year ago. I am a descendant of the Yeates and  Tesseyman families. My connection comes when Elizabeth Yeates married William Appleton and their son James married Elizabeth Tesseyman. Their son Ralph Appleton is my great-grandfather. I was fortunate to get a reply to a post I put on Rootschat about an Appleton farm in Dishforth which is now apparently under the airfield. It was from an Appleton 3rd cousin who has researched the Appletons very extensively. He/We had a problem with which William Tesseyman was "our William" and it was eventually agreed that it was the one born in Husthwaite. If you have proof of that we would be grateful to hear about it and would be willing to share other information.
I look forward to some further exchange of information.  Brian
Thomas, Davies, Gwynfe,Llangadock, Carmarthenshire
Roderick, Llanddausant, Carmarthenshire
Appleton, Topcliffe, Yorkshire
Bateman, Ramsey, Hunts, Gedney, Lincs.
Dodd, Cheshire
Davies, Aberavon, Glamorgan
Addison, Whitby, Yorkshire
Nightscales, Hull, Yorkshire
Wheldale, Elstronwick, Yorkshire