Author Topic: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester  (Read 15550 times)

Offline Mr. MIGKY

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 April 06 17:16 BST (UK) »
this is moston lane in 1907 and 1959  ;)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary & Winifred Kavanagh, lived at Dean Lane & Kenyon Lane, Moston Manchester
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 April 06 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hi John,
everytime I see there is a reply I think, 'oh someone knows something!' Did you ever try writing to St Dunstan's the local catholic church in Moston? Perhaps someone there may remember the girls.
Are there any clues on Edith's death certificate - informant, adress etc?
They were both well into adulthood when parents died so you would imagine that they were established in work etc - no real need to move away.
Presumably the parents are the only ones interred in the grave in Moston cemetery?
Sorry I am only asking questions but this has intrigued me from the beginning. I do hope you get some success.
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
  • James and Winifred Kavanagh Abt 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 April 06 20:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you Heywood

It’s a case of “BEEN THERE DONE THAT” I actually posted letters as far back as Tue 19th Feb 2002 to three RC Churches close to Dean Lane and Kenyon Lane seeking info on my family, but I never received any response. The three churches I selected were;

St. Dunstans R.C. Church
St. Dunstans Presbytery,
391 Moston Lane,
Manchester
M40 9PA.

St. John Vianney R.C. Church,
Poynter St,.
Manchester
M40 0DH

St Margaret Mary R.C. Church,
St. Margaret’s Road,
New Moston
Manchester
M40 0JE.

Looking at both Death certificates again – Both deaths were certified by M Fasnacht M.B.. Also Winifred Kavanagh daughter is listed as being present at the death of each of her parents, so therefore is 30 years old and single in 1953.

Ok I have just Gooogled “202 Kenyon lane” and found the following death notice:- 3rd Quarter 2001 Let Us Pray For the following who have died recently: Mrs Catherine (Kate) Burton, 202 Kenyon Lane, Moston, Manchester.

Its amazing how challenging this is proving to be, after all, this is quite recent times.

Kind Regards
John
Kavanagh - (Wexford, Dublin, Manchester, Liverpool and Illinois USA)
Kinsella - Ballyconlore / Kilanerin.
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 May 06 18:04 BST (UK) »
Thinking out loud   ::) ............Is it possible to view an Electoral register for Dean lane / Kenyon lane for the mid 1950’s? ………. I am grasping at straws here!

Regards
John
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 02 August 06 19:04 BST (UK) »
Afraid I had to put this on the back burner for a while, but am ready to begin chasing again, ..................Are street registrars available for the 1950,s?

Regards
John
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan

Offline wax

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 09 August 06 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi  My paternal grandmother was Annie Kavanagh.  After my father died I found an old letter written by James Kavanagh/Cavanaugh to my father about finances and how the girls would appreciate it.  Could the girls be Mary and Winifred, I do not know,  I do not have the envelope ,but the letter itself has Bunelick/Adare  1923 on it.  I do not know how James is related to me, but they say all the Kavanagh's /Cavanagh's are related   Email me.  There is also a website for the Kavanagh's and Steven Kavanagh is a good resource person   Hope to hear from you   Thanks Judy W

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 August 06 08:46 BST (UK) »
Hi wax

Could you place a link to the kavanagh website please.

Regards
Ken
Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline wax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 10 August 06 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken,   If you go to the website clann chaomhanach, that is the Kavanagh website.  It has geneology and people to contact.  The best resources are Celia Boylan, Steven Kavanagh and Jimmy Kavanagh.   If you need there Email addresses contact me.  Hope this helps.  I replied to John about the letter I have,  I wonder if that could be a connection ????   Happy Hunting  Judy W

Offline Jytefas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 20:32 BST (UK) »
Evening Judy,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your message. Sounds interesting, but the time frames don’t quite match up. Mary was born 1916 and Winifred 1923. James did have a brother Patrick Kavanagh (Born 1869) who I understand may have lived in Liverpool, but right now I have nothing which confirms this view. For the record James was born 1875.

Judy you mentioned Bunelick / Adare where is this?

Thanking you again.

Regards
John G.
Doyle, Mahon, Nolan