Author Topic: Wynnes of West Derby  (Read 9553 times)

Offline keithwynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wynnes of West Derby
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 01 July 12 10:33 BST (UK) »
Dear Radcliff, wozzle and garstonite,

May I say how much I appreciate all the time and effort you have spent providing me with much more help and information than I ever imagined possible.
Thank you all so very much.
keithwynne

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 01 July 12 10:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Keith ,I am struggling to pick up Alfred ,do you know if he died young,the only one I found was a policeman ,coming from China to England ,but his home address was Glasgow.
And do you mind telling us ,which Wynne you descend from,and have you researched back from yourself,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 01 July 12 10:59 BST (UK) »
possible marriage for Hannah Wynne
to James O Roberts ,
West Derby,O/N/D

if this is the correct Hannah ,they have very welsh named children,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline keithwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 01 July 12 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Radcliff,

I am Keith Wynne Jones, son of Mona Wynne , grandson of Charles Wynne sadly killed 1906. He was the brother of Thomas Wynne, the Liverpool PC. Greatgrandfather was John Wynne.
I've traced my Wynne family back to William Wynne ca 1800 but there are numerous gaps which you and the other contributors are doing much to help me fill.

Re Alfred Wynne, I strongly believe he died aged 18 between July and September 1907.
I also think there may have been three other brothers who died early, John in 1891, Robert in 1900 and Edward in 1904.

You do have the correct Hannah, she was my mother's cousin, lived in Chirk and was widowed when James was killed in a colliery accident.I knew her well and her two sons Bernard and Raymond.  She later remarried Joel Mates
Once again thank you for your interest
Kind regards
Keith

Offline jbsabqnm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 16 July 12 22:37 BST (UK) »
My mother is Eileen Joan Bartholomew, daughter of Catherine Maude and Peter. My grandparents came over to the states and apparently the name changed after entry from Bartholomei to Bartholomew (entered as Bartholomei on the entry records at Ellis). Catherine Maude and Peter had 4 children total, one passing during infancy. They lived in Bloomfield, NJ and enjoyed passage back to England to visit with relatives.

I have been picking my mother's memories for the last few years (she is now 94) and so I was thrilled to find this post as it either confirmed or filled in many of the details.

Offline jbsabqnm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 19 July 12 20:59 BST (UK) »
Forgive me Mr. Wynne for not being able to reply directly to your Pers. Message, but RootsChat won't let me until I have posted 2 more time. Hopefully, it will be easier in the future once I am no longer considered a "new" poster.

"Cathy" is my second cousin. I didn't realize that she had posted on the other branch of this discussion because I was so very excited to read your posts about our family. She is a fifth generation "Catherine Maude" whose mother is my cousin. Just to make it a little clearer:

Catherine Maude (born approx. 1896, daughter of Catherine Maude and Thomas, a policeman) and Peter Bartholomei (born approx. 1891) are my grandparents and "Cathy"'s great-grandparents. Catherine and Peter had four children: the eldest, Eileen Joan, is my mother. The others were Catherine Maude III (Cathy's grandparent) and a son, Peter. Both Catherine Maude III and Peter have passed on as did their fourth child, who passed in infancy. I will continue in the next post.

Offline jbsabqnm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 19 July 12 21:22 BST (UK) »
It appears as though your great uncle Thomas Wynne, a policeman, was my great- grandfather, on my maternal grandmother side.

Everything written in the posts appears to be correct, including that my grandfather's name was originally Bartholomei and was changed to Bartholomew after entry to America. This is not a subject my mother will discuss so I confirmed it through the entry papers I found online.

My grandfather, Peter, came without his wife and 2 children (Peter, Jr. was later born in America) as a painter and with a business partner. The others came later. My grandmother Catherine Maude III had several brothers and sisters, including a "Ginny" and a "Edith". My mother also has spoken about "cousin Marion" who I believe is mother to Walter.

The Wynne name continues in my family as my sister is named Erminie Wynne.

I will be more than happy to fill in any other additional blanks and I am so happy to make this connection!  Joan

Offline SueLucca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 30 July 14 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have seen your posting on Rootschat website and wanted to write to you re the Bartolomei family (originally from Lucca, Italy and then Liverpool, England and then USA.

My name is Sue and I live in the UK and I am the great grand daughter of Pilade Bartolomei.
Pilade's brother was Giovanni, married to Filumena Guidugli.

They had several children, the oldest of whom was Peter born 1891 in Liverpool.  He was married to Maude and they had 4 children, Orlando (died in infancy), Peter 1925, Joan 1918 and Maude.
Joan had Guy 1945, Wendy 1953, Ermine 1947 and Joan 1956.  (This is a small part of the Bartolomei records that I now have since doing the family genealogy in 2000.

To cut a very long story short, I researched the Bartolomei family history and was successful in finding all the records plus the family village in Italy, which I have visited.   I have also met up with the descendants of Pasquale (brother to Giovanni and Pilade) from Brazil.    I travelled to USA a few years ago and met up with the USA branch of the Bartolomei family in Manasquan N.J.  They are descended from Beatrice Bartolomei and Edward Byrne,.   At that time I met Joyce Matern 1958 who is the daughter of Peter Bartolomei 1925 and grand daughter of Peter 1891 and Maude.

If you would like any further information on the records I have please let me know.
Kind regards
Sue (UK)

Offline keithwynne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 31 July 14 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue,
It was a lovely surprise to receive your Rootschat message, I had thought the topic had ground to a halt. The last postings I have date from July 2012 and I had been in contact with Joan Black in USA. I sent her copies of the part of the Wynne family trees I thought were relevant, but I never heard if they were received. I put this down to my very poor computer expertise which meant they never reached her.

Your information about the Bartolomei family has opened another chapter for us. My wife Ann has been busy with the web site and has now been able to add another couple of pages to the family tree.
It's wonderful to be able to get back to the early Wynnes and see how the marriage of Thomas Wynne and Catherine Gray led to our connection to the Bartolomei's.
I am nearly 81 years, born and raised in Chirk (now living in Gloucestershire) and am old enough to remember several of the Wynne family such as Thomas the ex-policeman, Ginny, Hannah and I recall my mother speaking of meeting Maude and Edith when they came over from the USA, and Peter who wore shoes with a decorative style which really impressed the folk of the mining village of Chirk.

I think we're able now to fit in most of the information you gave us so thankyou very much. We were unaware of many names you mentioned such as Joyce for example.
Now I'll take a long look at it and no doubt will find something to ask. Do you know if any of the Bartolomei family still live in Liverpool or in the UK?

With very best wishes
Keith