Author Topic: James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt  (Read 22543 times)

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
  • Black Tar Rivers by HRH Mole in the hole
    • View Profile
James & Sarah VENABLES - Cheshunt
« on: Thursday 20 July 06 12:07 BST (UK) »
Could someone be kind enough to have a look on the PR's for the marriage of James Venables and Sarah ? ,I think they may have married around 1805 in Cheshunt .
They went on to have a son called William in 1807/8 b Cheshunt .
Many Thanks
Lin
Pratt ,Burgess,Gladwell  ,Taylor, Forrester ,Layzell ,Watling ,Merryfield Raven Essex
Field ,Warren.Davis, Spickett ,Peppiatt ,Bucks
White born Dorset moved to Hampshire,Shropshire and finally to Essex
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Buggs ,Day ,Stygal,Balls ,Suffolk ,Norfolk ,Hertfordshire
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: James and Sarah VENABLES Cheshunt
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 July 06 15:31 BST (UK) »
Do you by any chance have a Richard Venables b1838 in Cheshunt?
ramsay - paisley, brock - glasgow, brackenridge - Scotland, thomson-Scotland, richardson- Scotland, mcclure- Scotland, raeside - Scotland, brown - Scotland, borland - Scotland, mckeller - Scotland, caton - essex, Cross - Navestock/Mount Nessing, moseley- london/staffordshire, mcneil, davies, harper, blake, fitzjohn, steer, kennington, venables - cheshunt, ward, cook, pavey

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 July 06 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am not sure ,but will get all the Venables paperwork out and check .
I think a lot of the Venables family from Cheshunt are all related in some way as they all seem to be at Goffs Oak area .
But ..there are so many of them  ??? ???
I definately have Harriet b 1843 who is the daughter of William Venables and Charlotte Ballard .Off for a quick trawl.
Regards
Lin
Pratt ,Burgess,Gladwell  ,Taylor, Forrester ,Layzell ,Watling ,Merryfield Raven Essex
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 July 06 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi
Richard is the son of George Venables b1805 and Elizabeth Ballard b1805.

I have recently contacted a very nice man in Canada who is related to one of Richards brothers (David  b1828).
He and I think that there is a link between the two families ,but it is finding the missing link .
Possibly George b 1805 and William b1807/8 are brothers.

The IGI states parents as James and Sarah which is why I am trying to get this PR .
Hope this makes sense.
Lin
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline newbrunswick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 23:21 GMT (UK) »
George Venables and William Venables were brothers who married sisters, Elizabeth and Charlotte Ballard - daughters of William and Mary Ballard.  George and William were the sons of George and Elizabeth Venables. George and Elizabeth have the following children: John b. 1824, George b. 1826, David b. 1828, Charles b. 1830, Emma b. 1833, James b. 1836, Richard b. 1838, Sarah b. 1840, Ann Maria b. 1843, William b. 1845, Alfred b. 1847.  Somehow this line dates back to John Venables b. 1725 - d. 1807 who married Isabella Ettridge (Ethridge).  Haven't got that link yet.
Shireditch, Hertsfordshire: Ettridge, Farrin, Adams, Venables
Jackson, Burgess,
Birmingham, & Sedgely, Staffordshire: Hill, Farmer, Devey

Offline newbrunswick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi again from Canada:  I have scant information on James Venables and Sarah from Cheshunt.  Their children are:
 Sarah C. 7 Feb 1813, Charles C. 16 Jul 1815, Ann C. 15 Feb 1818, Jonathan C. 27 Jun 1819, Jane C. 17 Jun 1821, Samuel C. 19 Oct 1823.
James may have married a second time.  I have found James with Mary.  Their children: Thomas C. 11 Feb 1827, James C. 6 Sep 1829.  No William.
The William I have was C. 2 May 1784 m. 17 Feb 1829 to Charlotte Ballard b. 1805.  William was the son or George and Elizabeth Venables as was my ancestor, George Venables.  If you check the IGI Batches for Cheshunt, you will be able to find the connection.  Hope this helps.
Jackson, Burgess,

Offline ninkynoo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 April 07 11:19 BST (UK) »
Are you sure that is the correct date for Williams birth as i have him in the census as married to Charlotte and born around 1808-1811 whichever one is the nearest.
You say William who was married to Charlotte was born 1784 ,he is not the William in the census as this one was born much later.
The only Williams I can find are William s o James and Sarah bp 10/1/1808 Cheshunt and William bp 11/11/1809 s o Samuel and Charlotte both bp Cheshunt.
Looks like a trip to Herts RO is in order to clear this up.
Katherine Murphy b1872 
Venables ,Hertfordshire

Offline newbrunswick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 April 07 19:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply Lin.  It is confusing with so many names the same in the same family.  Let me know if you find the right person, so I can change my info.  I can't seem to find any info on the Ettridges other than James and Jane Farrin Ettridge.  There is a big brick wall to get any further back.  Other descendents have been researching these same people and have met that same wall.  Happy hunting.........
Jackson, Burgess,

Offline Hollylianne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 April 07 22:38 BST (UK) »
Heya guys,
I'm confused, because i thought George Venables b.c1805 and brother William b.c1808 parents were James Venables and Sarah.
Am i wrong?
Hollie
ramsay - paisley, brock - glasgow, brackenridge - Scotland, thomson-Scotland, richardson- Scotland, mcclure- Scotland, raeside - Scotland, brown - Scotland, borland - Scotland, mckeller - Scotland, caton - essex, Cross - Navestock/Mount Nessing, moseley- london/staffordshire, mcneil, davies, harper, blake, fitzjohn, steer, kennington, venables - cheshunt, ward, cook, pavey