Author Topic: Duncan Hyndman & Margaret Currie  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duncan Hyndman & Margaret Currie
« on: Sunday 04 May 14 00:08 BST (UK) »
Duncan Hyndman bpt 03 03 1876 at Crossaig, Skipness, Argyll., He died 1949 at Weyburn, Saskatchewan.  Parents Neil Hyndman & Barbara Stalker, he had three brothers, Archibald,John, Peter.  All four emigrated to Saskatchewan. John emigrated 1915 from Lancashire, England

Duncan emigrated abt 1909, from where and ship unknown.In 1911 he was a farmer and in 1916 he was a farmer at Abernethy, Saltcoats, Saskatchewan.

His wife Margaret Currie emigrated later to Saskatchewan. She may have been born 17 03 1881 Campbeltown,Argyll, this is only a guess.  She left  Saskatchewan as she did not like farm life.  No further details known.  As far as we can determine there were no children

Any help re Duncan  and Margaret  Currie marriage, where and when. and what happened to her after she left Duncan, would be helpful .

Thanks Dooker

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Duncan Hyndman & Margaret Currie
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 May 14 00:45 BST (UK) »
Duncan must have returned to the UK between 1911 -1915 as he is on a passenger list for the Scandinavian which left Liverpool 19.3.1915 for St John Canada.  Entry shows him as 40yrs old occ farmer.  Not travelling with any other of same surname
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 May 14 00:51 BST (UK) »
Scotlands People has a marriage in 1915 between a Duncan Hyndman and a Margaret but surname does not match to Currie

Could Margaret have been previously married?

SP is a pay per view site so you would need to buy credits to download the marriage cert

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

The 1901 shows Duncan still living with his widowed mother Barbara
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 May 14 01:13 BST (UK) »
 Hi Carole W,     
 Thank you very much for that information.  We always understood that his wife was Margaret Currie.
We do know that she came later to Canada.

I will print the Cert when in Scotland.this year.

Don't know if she was married before.

Dooker.

Offline Dooker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 May 14 11:31 BST (UK) »
Good morning,

I have now looked up Duncan Hyndman and Margaret Currie on Scotland's People and did not find a marriage.  The one I found was for a Duncan Mc Millan hyndman and this is not the one I am looking for.

I also found him on the Allan Line, ship IONIAN on 30 05 1908 going to Montreal and he was going to Balcarres.  This is the correct person.He was alone.

Any further help you are able to give with this marriage or Margaret Currie would be very helpful.

Thanks Dooker