Author Topic: William and Isaac Hardy, Loughgall  (Read 11908 times)

Offline Catherine Wheel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Isaac Hardy, Loughgall
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 August 11 15:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hugh. All fascinating.
Wow you have Isaac's family bible or access to it. amazing.
I think his first wife was Mary Hamilton and I think had at least 6 children. His second wife was Margaret Casement, 3 daughters and 1 son. but I would love confirmation of Isaac's family.

Do you have anything on the other siblings of Isaac?

I have only just found roots chat and haven't quite sorted out how it all works. I will work on sending you a PM with my email address

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 August 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Catherine,

I've sent you a PM with my eMail address.
Now you just have to send me a brief eMail so that I know yours,
and I'll tell you what I know about Isaac.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Hardytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 August 11 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hello catherine / wee hugh
My e-mail address is (*). As you know I live in Loughgall in the Hardy family home and am trying to write the history of the house. I have accumulated alot of info on the Hardy's including a contact (now in her 90s) who is a direct decendant of John Hardy who built this house possibly on the site of original home - great grand daughter!!

Looking forward to exchanging info
Rene Aiken

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Catherine Wheel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 August 11 22:30 BST (UK) »
thank s h#Hugh look forward to it.
Catherine

Offline Hardytree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 August 11 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine
Glad to make contact with someone who is as frustrated with the Hardy family tree as I am. Are you part of the Hardy dynasty? From my previous posting I assume you know I live in the hardy family home here in Loughgall.
Rene2

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 August 11 10:08 BST (UK) »
Catherine,

Try your spam bin.  That's where googly mail put Rene's message to me.

____ Hugh
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Hugh55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 August 11 21:42 BST (UK) »
I have done a lot of research on the Hamilton family of Isaac's first wife.  She is buried in Clifton Street Graveyard in Belfast in Hill Hamilton of Mountvernon's grave.  I have also some information on Isaac and their children.  If you let me know I will send a personal message.

Offline Martin50

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 10:59 BST (UK) »
I have an Isaac Hardy living in Lady Londonderry's Carnlough estate in the 1860s.  Could he be from the same family as living in Loughgall?

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 17:36 BST (UK) »
Yes, Martin.

Isaac was the 7th son of William of Loughgall; bapt. at St Luke 24 Sep. 1793.  His first wife was Mary, dau of Hill Hamilton; they lived at Ballydugan which I think is in Co. Down and had numerous children.  After her death in childbed he moved to Stonyhill or Stoney Hill near Carnlough.  He was apparently living in the only house in that townland that could have been called a "gentleman's residence", the others being just cottages.  I assumed that meant he was agent to Lady Londonderry's estate there, but have been told not so.  He appears to have owned a building firm.

His 2nd wife was Margaret, a dau. of the late Roger Casement of Harryville, Ballymena.  By her he had 6 more children.