Author Topic: Find My Past - ANOTHER £1 offer!  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past - ANOTHER £1 offer!
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 04:26 GMT (UK) »
I also purchased a €1 Irish sub but think I have wasted my €1 as the records look exactly the same on both Irish and British FindMyPast sites. No matter as the cost is insignificant.

What made me try this is because my email from FindMyPast said that Irish records are not included with my British subscription and that I could use my reactivated credits to view Irish records.

No clue where these exclusive Irish records are hiding.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places ....  ::)

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 05:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie

The various Findmypast websites are only gateways to the same Records, you can take out a World Subscription through any of the websites but if you want a lesser subscription you need to take it out through the correct website ie UK through findmypast,co,uk, Australian through Findmypast,com.au

I don't think you can have both a UK Subscription and an Irish Subscription using the same Login.You can do it by having a separate registration and login.

To see the list of Irish Record Sets: On the Home Page select Search All Records, then select Articles then select Full list of the Irish family history records

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/world-records/full-list-of-the-irish-family-history-records

Andy

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Andy, I did use different email addresses the British and Irish subscriptions.

Following your instructions I have got as far as Search All Records, but I can't see Articles:-[

The reason I took out an Irish subscription was due to the following which I received from the FindMyPast 'Support Team" :

The Britain Subscription covers all of the British records on the site. The records which are not covered are the following:
All Canadian records,
All United States records,
All Australia / New Zealand records,
All Ireland records

So, because I wanted to look at Irish records I decided to take out an Irish subscription.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruskie

If from Home Page you select Search All Records then Articles is on the line between the top Drop Down Menus and the Who, When, Where search fields. The type is rather faint.

Do you by chance have an online subscription to the News Corp paper in your State? I have a subscription to the Melbourne Herald-Sun and one of the Subscriber Reward offers I received today was a 3 month World Subscription to Findmypast

Andy

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 18 November 14 12:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Andy. I've found that now.  :)

No I'm afraid I don't have a newscorp subscription. A three month sub to FindMyPast is a nice little bonus. :)