Author Topic: Reaich of Buckie, Banffshire  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Gregyboy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reaich of Buckie, Banffshire
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 July 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
I think I've solved the mystery!

There is a death for Joseph Reiach in 1899, it's most likely him given how uncommon the surname was. I have no idea how I haven't spotted this yet, I was struggling with him to the point where I was needing others to help me with it. Thanks for leading me to re-check the 1901 census, I would have never found him otherwise, your help is greatly appreciated!

Greg

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 July 14 17:59 BST (UK) »
Easy to miss things when you are looking too hard :)
Where did you find the death? Was it Scotland or England?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Gregyboy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 July 14 18:22 BST (UK) »
I found the death on the ScotlandsPeople website, I'm assuming it would be in Buckie seeing as people didn't really leave their hometowns during that period of time unless they were emigrating or going elsewhere. Thanks for the help!