Author Topic: Fanning's of Cullenogue  (Read 17542 times)

Offline terriosullivan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fanning's of Cullenogue
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 February 14 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Tony:

The information I have comes from a genealogy report that I believe was commissioned by one of my husband's aunts around 2000. The report has a publication date of 2001; it wasn't "published" in the form of a book, but more in the form of a report. Hilary Murphy, who wrote the report, has published a book titled "Families of County Wexford" and he founded the Wexford Family History Society, so he is considered the foremost authority on Wexford genealogy. I suspect that the information in this report is as reliable as anything available. The report contains a compilation of information from census records, gravestone inscriptions, stories about Fannings in Wexford, and other information sources.

Your (very correct) remark about Caroline Grant Fanning being alive in the 1901 and 1911 census made me look back on what I had recorded for my husband's family in ancestry.com. I realized that I still have a lot of information yet to look over, verify where possible, and input, so I thank you for that reminder.

I thought I had remembered something about a funeral notice that caused me to make a note of Alice born in 1919 in these notes a year or so ago. In discussing this with my husband, he remembered finding a posting about another child in this family, and I noted this information alongside my copy of PJ Fanning's Enniscorthy obit, so am sure I was mistaken in thinking this came from an alternative obiturary. I suspect now that the information on Alice came from a posting you made, which my husband found and read to me. I apologize for misrepresenting my source. It's the Alzheimer's kicking in yet again.

I am guessing that you would like to get copies of some of the documents/information I have in this record. Easiest for you to contact me by email. I am new to this forum. Can you access my email address through it?

Terri

Offline TheRedFox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fanning's of Cullenogue
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 February 14 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Terri,

Have sent PM so we can continue 'off-post'

Thanks Again

Tony