Author Topic: Crossmolina Church Records  (Read 161499 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Crossmolina Church Records
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sheron,

you have posted on a particular thread on the County Mayo forum. You may prefer to have your own thread re the Martins on the Mayo forum. You may get more responses on there.
If you want this, you can ask a moderator to split your posts off into a new one. Just click on the 'report to moderator' button in the bottom right of your first post and ask if your topic  could be split. You could then rename it- or ask for it to be renamed.

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline plokiju

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Morrison
« Reply #235 on: Monday 18 August 14 14:05 BST (UK) »
Morrison is found primarily in my Church of Ireland records, but sadly there is no record of Francis Morrisons christening.
Do you have any other info-siblings, parents, residence?

I am not able to do a search for the Catholic register as it doesn't begin until 1832ish.

Hello, was just wondering if you might have any information on Irwin Morrison, born in County Mayo, possibly in Doonfeeny around 1817. His parents were John and Eleanor. Irwin married Jane Marks in 1836 in Ontario, Canada. The Morrisons may have left Ireland in 1827. I don't know much else but his children were: Henry, George, John, Thomas, Jane, Erwin, Robert, Sarah, and James (which are all quite common). Any info would be greatly appreciated though I looked at the years listed and didn't see much but maybe you could find other children of John and Eleanor as I have no idea where in County Mayo they may have been from. Just found something about a John Morrison from Doonfeeny married to a Sarah Mark who lived in Ontario for a time and thought there might be a connection. Irwin's second marriage is the only thing giving County Mayo as his birthplace. His parents' names are from the same document. Thanks.

Offline Poppy62

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: Saturday 30 August 14 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Diski
I'm not sure if your able to help me.

Is Crossmolina near Castlebar?

I have a Matthew Donnelly b 1841c (going with age on death cert) in Co. Mayo near Castlebar ( according to info on poor law record)

Parents .....Matthew Donnelly and Catherine King both dead ( according to info on poor law record and death cert 1890) presuming parents died  Co. Mayo.

Matthew has come to Scotland between his birth 1844c and 1858c where he married Mary Moran  in Campsie Scotland 1858c (according to their child's birth cert and poor law record . I cant find any cert for marriage to confirm this))

Mary was b 1844c Co, Mayo
Parents...John Moran and Catherine ?

I have not been able to find any details for Matthew Donnelly and Mary Moran in Co.Mayo,  any info I have is mostly about their lives when they came to Scotland.

None of their children where born in Ireland.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
regards Rosie

Offline Diski

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: Monday 20 October 14 01:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosina,
No Castlebar is not in Crossmolina parish.
Diski

Offline Murtagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Sunday 26 October 14 01:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane,
I have relatives from Co. Mayo.  Maybe a town outside of Crossmolina.  The names would be Martin Bryon (1805) father Patrick married to Mary ?  They have Bridget 1830-33, Mary (1836), Ellen (1839) and Margaret (1843).  They leave Co. Mayo to Leeds, England around 1847ish.  With or without Mary the mother.  She is not listed on the 1851 census with the family in Leeds.  Not sure where she died.
The other family from Co. Mayo is Anthony Nallan (1828-30).  His father is Michael.  Anthony is in Leeds by 1850.  I am not sure the Byron family surname is Byron in Co. Mayo.  Could possibly be Byrne.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Mary

Offline Royaly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Sunday 19 July 15 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am researching the MUNNELLY family of CROSSMOLINA. I have found them in the 1901 and 1911 census but would be extremely grateful for any further information you or anyone else may be able to provide. Details are:
JOHN MUNNELLY born abt 1866 in CROSSMOLINA married BRIDGET McNULTY born abt 1867 in CROSSMOLINA. They married abt 1889 in CROSSMOLINA. JOHN MUNNELLY was a TAILOR. I think that the parents of BRIDGET McNULTY were JOHN McNULTY and MARY?

The children of JOHN MUNNELLY and  BRIDGET McNULTY were:
Munnelly   John born abt 1891 in CROSSMOLINA.      
Munnelly   Thomas born abt 1893 in CROSSMOLINA.
Munnelly   William born abt 1894 in CROSSMOLINA.   
Munnelly   James born abt 1896 in CROSSMOLINA.   
Munnelly   Mary Ellen born abt 1898 in CROSSMOLINA.

At some time prior to 11th September 1920 the eldest child John Munnelly (or possibly the whole family) moves to England and John Munnelly marries Ada Jane Evans in Gateshead.

I would really appreciate any information on any of the individuals mentioned above.

Thank you,

Ian Royal

ROYAL, GATHERCOLE, NORTON, JOHNSON.  WEETING AND BRANDON AREAS

Offline courtneyanne98

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Saturday 07 November 15 23:30 GMT (UK) »
My gram was born Annie McGoff. She came to America with 3 of her sisters, while her sister Lena and brother John remained behind. Do any of you have a relation to my gram or her siblings?

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Sunday 08 November 15 09:12 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=734744.new#new

Another thread here that I shall post any finds to.

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Sunday 08 November 15 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Courtney

So, I've read over the 27 pages of this thread and it appears that Diane the OP has a connection to the McGoffs.

She was last on here in August so still recently active.

Hopefully she will see this update and get in touch.

Tara