Author Topic: Chisholm descendants  (Read 13665 times)

Offline Squirrel69

• RootsChat Extra
  • One little squirrel can do alot
    • View Profile
Re: Chisholm descendants
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 February 13 19:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I found this a bit late; I am looking for info on the parents of Norman Chisholm, born 1808 in Stornoway. Parents were Donald Chisholm and Mary Martin. Looking to see if I can find Donald and Mary's parents, and any siblings of Norman. Thanks for any help!
Laybourn/Leybourne, Kearney, Wandlass, Stephenson, Chisholm, Dodson, Barkass, Forster, Wright, Martin, Hall<br /><br />Areas: Hartlepool, Southwick, Sunderland, Staindrop, and Stockton

Offline Alastair Chisholm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 February 13 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi! I found this a bit late; I am looking for info on the parents of Norman Chisholm, born 1808 in Stornoway. Parents were Donald Chisholm and Mary Martin. Looking to see if I can find Donald and Mary's parents, and any siblings of Norman. Thanks for any help!
Hi Squirrel,
First time I've heard of Chisholms on Lewis in that era ... have you looked at the Chisholm Genealogies forum? Might be worth checking in there...
http://www.chisholmgenealogy.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Chisholm, MacRae, MacDonald, MacDonell - Strathglass

Offline Squirrel69

• RootsChat Extra
  • One little squirrel can do alot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 February 13 01:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alastair! I had not heard of that web site. When I went to check it out, I was not allowed to register; "Access to the forum from the current url is prohibited!" is what I was told. Is there some where else I can register? Thank you!
Sylvia
Laybourn/Leybourne, Kearney, Wandlass, Stephenson, Chisholm, Dodson, Barkass, Forster, Wright, Martin, Hall<br /><br />Areas: Hartlepool, Southwick, Sunderland, Staindrop, and Stockton

Offline Gene Genius

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 September 13 12:41 BST (UK) »
Ann Ellen Macrae died in 1940 aged 66. She had married John Robertson who also died in 1940 aged 62. They both died at 61 King Street, Wrexham. They were buried with her parents Finlay and Mary at Wrexham Cemetery.