Author Topic: Researching Adams, Read families. May be Independent meetings  (Read 1210 times)

Offline jor77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Researching Adams, Read families. May be Independent meetings
« on: Thursday 29 May 14 06:28 BST (UK) »
 ::) I am researching in the early 1800's for the family of my gg grandmother Ann Bowman nee Adams b.1818 on Orford Ness, Suffolk. Believe that John Adams her father married Jane Read in Woodbridge in 1816 and that his father was Thomas Adams. Jane daughter of William Read and Anne Blaxall or Blaxill. Great diffuculty in tracing deaths of all these.  Ann Adams married John Bowman and lived  in Lancashire where the Bowman family stayed.  Grateful for any help

Offline Duodecem

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Researching Adams, Read families. May be Independent meetings
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 31 May 14 14:47 BST (UK) »
I've found this marriage between John Adams and Jane Read, Woodbridge Suffolk on 12th June 1816
England, Select Marriages, 1538–1973 about John Adams
Name:   John Adams
Marriage Date:   12 Jun 1816
Marriage Place:   Saint Mary,Woodbridge,Suffolk,England
Spouse:    Jane Read
FHL Film Number:   0919637, 0919638
The above details were on Ancestry and confirms your marriage theory.
This baptism from Familysearch may fit:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F731-GZN
19 October 1759 John Adams son of Thomas & Mary Adams, Woodbridge. Another result says birth 16th Oct baptism 19th Nov at Quay Meeting House- perhaps they were Quakers?

If you don't have any luck with Family search or this post, it may be worth posting on the Suffolk board.
I have some Suffolk ancestors and despaired of tracing them but helpful Rootschatters with access to Suffolk records were very helpful. Good luck!

Cooper- Berks, Herts, Wrexham,Birmingham
Garrett- London, Berks
Morton-Berkshire
Harvey- Essex
Hambling, Royal,Dale,Jackson, Tann, Boatwright Edridge/Etheridge/Uttridge -all Norfolk
Osborne-Norfolk and Northumberland/Durham