Author Topic: Wakefield Family on the family estate began by Dr. Albert Wakefield  (Read 24903 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wakefield Family on the family estate began by Dr. Albert Wakefield
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 09 March 13 20:09 GMT (UK) »
These look like the books you mention:

http://archive.org/details/irishpedigreesor02inohar -

http://archive.org/details/irishlandedgentr00ohar

I had a quick glance at the pages and can only see the names listed without any other information. You could checkto see if there is anything else.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fruitytooty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 09 March 13 22:16 GMT (UK) »
These look like the books you mention:

http://archive.org/details/irishpedigreesor02inohar -

http://archive.org/details/irishlandedgentr00ohar

I had a quick glance at the pages and can only see the names listed without any other information. You could checkto see if there is anything else.
Yes these are the books I mention and have copies of the info for the Wakefield from them. It is an index for the Irish Pedigrees and the genealogies are not in the book as you say you could only see the names listed without any other informaton. However it tells you where you may find the genealogies. My previous post asked if anyone knew how to access what is listed on page 690 of the book Irish Pedigrees by John O'Hart, that says "According to the MS Vols. F.3 23, F. 3 27, and F. 4 18, in Trinty college, Dublin, Ireland The families mentioned in this section were among the principal families in Ireland at the close of the 17th century. the reader will find in each of those three Vols. much information in relation to the genealogies of the Anglo-Irish families who settled in Ireland since the English invasion, which are not given in this work."
So the Wakefields are listed in this section's list of families and I am wanting to know since the genealogies are not included in this book, Irish Pedigrees, how to get a hold of the 3 volumes that I mentioned above that were included in the quote above from page 690 of the book. Where can one find the MS Volumes 1-3?fruitytooty

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 09 March 13 22:27 GMT (UK) »
My previous post asked if anyone knew how to access what is listed on page 690 of the book Irish Pedigrees by John O'Hart, that says "According to the MS Vols. F.3 23, F. 3 27, and F. 4 18, in Trinty college, Dublin, Ireland ...
So the Wakefields are listed in this section's list of families and I am wanting to know since the genealogies are not included in this book, Irish Pedigrees, how to get a hold of the 3 volumes that I mentioned above that were included in the quote above from page 690 of the book. Where can one find the MS Volumes 1-3?fruitytooty

Trinty college, Dublin, Ireland ???
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 09 March 13 22:28 GMT (UK) »
And I thought I was being helpful  ::)  I got lost in the text.

You state:
"My previous post asked if anyone knew how to access what is listed on page 690 of the book Irish Pedigrees by John O'Hart, that says "According to the MS Vols. F.3 23, F. 3 27, and F. 4 18, in Trinty college, Dublin, Ireland"

Would you infer that they are in Trinity College Dublin - or have I misinterpreted your message?

Offline fruitytooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 09 March 13 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for listing the sites for the books I mentioned. I am sorry if you took my reply the wrong way. I assume also they are at Trinity college at Dublin but I do not know how to find the records. I have tried Trinity college website. I thought maybe someone could help me find those records. Sorry and thanks for all the help you give. I will keep looking or maybe someone will read this and be able to direct me on how to go about getting the records from the college.fruitytooty

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 09 March 13 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. :)

Trinity College may be able to help with interpreting the reference.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 09 March 13 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Fruitytooty:

I actually did read about the piece of waistcoat and Mr. Pilch before (I don't remember when), but didn't think about the significance.  While I don't know that my family was actually related to the Augrim Wakefields, it does appear (according to Mr. Pilch) that there may be a connection between my Wakefields and Dr. Albert Wakefield.

You most likely have exhausted all leads for Dr. Albert Wakefield, but I will try looking as well, as one never knows what one may find, eh?

Again, thank you to everyone who is helping with this search.  :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline fruitytooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 12:59 GMT (UK) »
You need to visit Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, to see copies of manuscripts (MS reference quote) so the record previously listed are not available unless they are online somewhere.fruitytooty

Offline fruitytooty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 29 March 13 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Concerning family trees that reference Cromwell's army and John Wakefield, the first record in Ireland for the Wakefield family, and the '49 officers go to:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.wakefield/926/mb.ashx Thanks, fruitytooty