Author Topic: Washbourn  (Read 12897 times)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Washbourn
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 June 10 22:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

That's why I gave the information. If you already know about her will, then you are presumably saying the details of that will don't give any further information on the spouse and children of Richard?

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 June 10 02:44 BST (UK) »
O thanks for that. I haven't seen the will, but will find out if family here have a copy from previous research. William was an only child. When William turned 21 in 1840 he received 21,000 pounds so it's possible that this inheritance was from his grandmother Susanna. So for the fact  that the family here know he received this money they must have a will. Thanks heaps for your help. Lisa

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 June 10 09:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

and of course its possible the specific inheritance in 1840 came through his maternal line. The details of his paternal grandmother's will may give a clue/s to his maternal line.

Susanna's will can be obtained as a download from The National Archives at the link I gave - price £3.50

You will also find that John's will (1798) and possibly his father's administration (also John 1761) are available from Wiltshire Record Office (index online)

http://history.wiltshire.gov.uk/heritage/

John whose will proved in 1798 is down as John senior indicating he had a son called John.

If Richard left a will it is probably held by the Probate Service

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1176.htm

There is a help guide at the top of the Rootschat Surrey boards about wills which explains which wills are held where and why.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,403332.0.html

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 June 10 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Valda thanks so much for all of your help. Lisa

Offline scoobie2010

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 June 10 23:25 BST (UK) »
Lisa B , Thankyou for your reply. Mrs Richard Washbourn is a real mystery. Hopefully someone will find her. Are you in NZ. I can send you the information on W. E. Washbourn death certificate.

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 16 June 10 00:45 BST (UK) »
Hi there you could sent a copy of the certificate via a private email if you wish? How are you related, how far have you managed to research the family tree back? I think we will find our relative it's just a matter of finding the right wills etc..., non of the certificates seem to bring anyone any further to finding her. It almost feels like a piece of ourselves is lost. Lisa

Offline scoobie2010

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 17 June 10 23:21 BST (UK) »
Lisa B, I am not related, but have been helping a friend with her research. We have received the death certificate from the UK for Richard Washbourn and not information on Mrs Richard Washbourn. so still a mystrey. My friends line is from William Everley. Thanks for the help.

Offline Lisa B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 29 April 12 19:56 BST (UK) »
I have a copy of Susannahs will if anyone interested will but very hard to read nearly impossible.

Offline alibaba

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 13 July 14 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa, I am also descended from William Washbourn, via Henry Phillip ('Darby'), an older brother of Eleanor('Nell'). William is my gt gt grandfather. As Scoobie 2010 points out, our branch of the family has long puzzled over the identity of William's mother, and the relationship of 'Aunt Emma' Everley to William and his father Richard Washbourne. I'm away from home Nelson) for the next couple of days , so haven't access to the family records that I have at home, but I think I have a couple if photos of Florence/ Eleanor and Maud and also a few letters that these 3 girls wrote to their brother Arthur('Arty') in the 19th century. I am spending a night with a cousin who lives in Feilding on Friday night...Feilding/ Kimbolton area being the area, I think, that Nell and Maud settled around.