Author Topic: Rev/DR James Anderson ROBERTSON MA, MB CM  (Read 11076 times)

Offline Boomeranger

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev/DR James Anderson ROBERTSON MA, MB CM
« Reply #9 on: Friday 30 May 14 09:31 BST (UK) »
glaic, I would be very pleased to get any information you may have that I am missing, I realise my 'family tree' is spreading relentlessly in all directions, but I'm quite happy with that, and would be pleased to add whatever you can give me. Thanks, Andrew Page-Robertson

Offline glaic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 May 14 18:21 BST (UK) »
Boomeranger- thank you for that. There is a lot of info to take in! Alec Robertson emigrated to New Zealand  I think and there was a son still living there a few years ago. I  met Sheila Macrae when she came to Scotland to visit my mother.Anne Primrose. JAR 's 2nd wife was Mary Weir. I have various photos which I will have to dig out. At present I am trying to send stuff to Glasgow Uni scottish Theatre archive as Kathleen A Robertson was with the Scottish National Players in the 20's. I am sorry I did not know about the Hobart connection as I was there last year! Quite happy to send you photos but I will have to go in the loft again.
Helen Walker/Primrose

Offline PeterATWright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I`m picking up on this topic, and will work my way through the information, above. My interest is that I am descended from James Anderson Robertson (1853 - 1922), on my mother`s side. I live in Linlithgow, in Scotland. My mother was Mildred Anderson Robertson (1918 - 59). One of her sisters, (the late) Jassamy Stursberg (Anderson Robertson) settled in Vancouver some 50 or so years ago, and her husband Peter Stursberg (journalist) died within the last year aged 101). I do remember an Edward (Teddy) Primrose, who was a regular visitor to my Uncle Kenneth Anderson Robertson`s house in Edinburgh in the 1960s. He was a GP in Brora, Sutherland for some time. My cousins, daughters of Kenneth, were convinced that the Anderson Robertson name would die with them (in due course). so it has been great to discover that the name still lives-on, mainly in BC. I will be keen to weave this into the family history project I`m working on. I`m most grateful to Andrew Page Robertson, who has generously shared the information that he had gathered, and which take the Robertson line back to the late 18th Century in Blairgowrie, Perthshire. Ever onwards with the project . . ..

Offline Tecnam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Really interesting set of posts.  My father (James Anderson Taylor) a maternal grandson of James Anderson Robertson.  His mother (Mary/Maisie Anderson Robertson, daughter of JAR) married Thomas Dunnachie Taylor in 1912 and they had two children - my father James b 1915 and Tom Dunnachie Taylor b 1913.  Tom Dunnachie Taylor researched the Taylor side through "The Annals of Fenwick"

My father lived in Inverness, Stirling and Aberdeen and married my mother (Doris Margaret Ramsay Taylor) in 1941.

I was a general medical practitioner in Aberdeen.  One of my sons is also a doctor and lives in Crieff, just beside Mutthill where JAR worked laterally.

I'd be interested in a photo of JAR

Offline PeterATWright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tecnam, you may get a reply by another route, but in case not, I'm at :  I've photos of both JAR & JHAR & others. Also lots of other info for you. I did a huge family history last year, and the journey goes on.
Hope to hear from you.
Peter

Offline Boomeranger

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello Tecnam, interesting post.
I Have Maisie Anderson Robertson born 1884, married Thomas Dunnachie Taylor (no dates), two sons, James Anderson Dunnachie Taylor born 1915, and a John (not Tom) Dunnachie Taylor born 1913. Can you please confirm you have him as "Tom", and also I would like to add your own names and dates if you are happy to provide them to me
as the Tree continues to expand in all directions. Regards, Andrew Page-Robertson

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 February 16 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Now this is fascinating. Yes, I`ve photos of both JAR, and JHAR, and a number of others. Also received a response from Glasgow Council, re, burial lair in Glasgow Necropolis - I carried out some urgent repairs to it last year. I've a considerable amount of info on Anderson Robertson, now going back quite a long way, to Blairgowrie. Very happy to share.

And I'm fascinated to receive your own ancestry which you outlined, as that was a gap in my wider family history.

Posted on behalf of peterwright who had sent the message to me in error.

Please remember that you should only ever pass on your emails via pm for your own security, otherwise this is how spammers pick up on your details.

Regards

Sarah

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tecnam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 25 February 16 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Maisie Anderson Robertson (b 19 Aug 1886 Cathcart Glasgow, m Thomas Dunnachie Taylor 14 Oct 1912 in Wandsworth London, d 8 Sep 1943)
Thomas Dunnachie Taylor (b 16 Jun 1881 Dennistoun Glasgow, d 15 Jan 1960 in Stirling)

They had 2 children

- Tom Dunnachie Taylor b 5 August 1914 in Inverness I think, m twice to Evelyn Walcott (divorced)/Agnes T Wyllie, spent most of adult life in New Zealand in Palmerston North, 5 daughters and d in Ranfurly War Veterans Home Auckland tho' I have mislaid the date. Definitely Tom as edited a revision of the Annals of Fenwick (author James Taylor) which was a history of the village plus genealogy including Taylor's, Dickies etc

- James Anderson Taylor (my father) b 5 Sep 1915 in Inverness, m Doris Margaret Ramsay Webster on 31 Jul 1941 in Aberdeen, d 18 Jun 1991 in Durris by Aberdeen. Two children Michael William Taylor (myself) b 19 Jul 1948, Kathryn Dorothy Taylor 8th Apr 1952

I have additional information about more recent tree, Dunnachies, Primroses etc but don't want to contaminate the JAR thread

Offline PeterATWright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 25 January 19 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello folks,
I am now well on my way to pulling together a pretty comprehensive biography of JAR, with a lot of valuable in-put from relatives in Canada and Australia, as well as the historian from St Mary's Episcopal Cathedral in Glasgow, and a Mission Society in Edinburgh. Is turning into a great collaborative venture. JAR is emerging from the mists of relative obscurity to be a fascinating character, and great humanitarian. The latest addition to my archive, is a copy of his Will and associated Probate settlement. Always looking for more info of course. My aim is to write-up the Biography of him in narrative form as soon as possible.
Best wishes, Peter
www.ribbonofwildness.co.uk