Author Topic: Birth David Jenkins of Whitchurch Completed ,thanks  (Read 11164 times)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Re: Birth David Jenkins of Whitchurch
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 July 10 15:03 BST (UK) »
I did a bit of quick checking whilst at the Rec Off today (Fri).
 :( Bad News ~ I did not find the following in the parish of Whitchurch
Mrge of David Jenkins to Margaret 1844
Mrge of David Jenkins to Sarah 1867
Burial of Sarah Jenkins 1883 or 1897
The 1st two may still be correct but the mrge took place in the Bride's parish rather than Whitchurch, which I didn't find.

;D Good News ~ Whitchurch
Burial
Martha Jenkins of Solva buried 03 Jan 1843 aged 40 yrs (so yours was correct)
David Jenkins of Lower Solva buried 21 May 1879 aged 78 yrs
Baptism
17 Feb 1796 David to Thoms & Sarah Jenkins
17 Jan 1804 Margaret to Thomas & Sarah Jenkins
17 Jan 1804 Elizabeth to Thomas & Sarah Jenkins
17 Jan 1804 Thomas to Thomas & Sarah Jenkins
I do not believe this is triplets, but rather Thomas and Sarah probably received a reminder from the vicar that he hadn't seen these latest at church !!

Thomas mrd Sarah Lewis in 1791. I have a jpeg for you if you send me an email address by P.M.
Thats it I'm afraid
Rgds
Orielbenfro
ORIEL a welsh window on a surname
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline ellvera

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 July 10 23:09 BST (UK) »
Thankyou so much - something good at the end of a terrible week :)
The baptisms made me smile -I have noticed several blunt comments by the vicar such as "adult bastard daughter of.........."
I will PM you my email address

Thanks again
Barbara

Offline ellvera

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 July 10 10:19 BST (UK) »
I just received the marriage entry image you sent - that is something to treasure ;D
Thankyou very much for the help and advice.
Much appreciated
Barbara :)

Offline allmein

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth David Jenkins of Whitchurch Completed ,thanks
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 00:06 BST (UK) »
hi

my great great great grandparents were the jenkins' in solva, they wee david and martha, the jenkins become married into the davies' and then eventually through the blood lines came into the evans'

i am a decendent and was born an evans. my grand father, beleive it or now was born in solva in 1893. despite i am only 36 my grandfather edward vaughan evans was 81 the year i was born.

his mother was a davies, married an evans and i do have a family tree back as far as the jenkins. i would love to know more about them. i am told they were trawler men hence the harbour in solva and they lived in the cottage min yr afon which is now a holiday let cottage, but we do have photo's of my dad and his dad ( both which are now dead) outside the cottage.

i am also trying to find out more because i been diagnosed with a serious genetic condition which cost my dad his life at a young age and we trying to find out which line it came down through.

Offline ellvera

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 04:10 BST (UK) »
Hello allmein and welcome to rootschat.

Without wanting to disillusion you,Jenkins is a very common name ,even in Solva ???

The Jenkins family I have been following were all blacksmiths,from one generation to the next.I have followed them as far as the 1911 census will allow ,and the Grandson of David and Martha,John Jenkins born 1877 was continuing the tradition.

I have been concentrating mostly on the two brothers, John and Phillip,who emigrated to NZ (as did their niece,Martha in the 1880's).These are the only mariners I know of in the family BUT I haven't researched their sisters,because it is almost impossible to do so with such common names,without buying certificates.That is something I will follow up when time permits.

It is possible that one of them married an Evans,and I am happy to look at what you have and compare with my notes.From memory,they lived at Bridge House and Gwalia House.

David's third wife,Sarah was possibly a Davies,but they had no children.

If you make one more post on this board,you can then send me a PM (or I can send you one) and I can give you my email address :)

Regards
Barbara

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hello allmein  :)

Welcome to Rootschat from me too!

There are some Jenkins of Solva men on the Welsh Mariner's site:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2941439070124&set=a.1623659326454.70259.1685619817&type=3

Have you found your Jenkins relatives on the 1841-1911 censuses?

Let me know if you want me to split this into a separate topic for your Jenkins line?

Best Wishes
Morgan

Offline allmein

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 18 June 14 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi been. A while so not sure if anyone still following this thread.  My grandfather was born 1894 in solva.  Martha, phoebe , Jenkins were all grandparents.  My father told me years ago that there were two farms also in the family in solva and one of the farms caused a big family row which may have resulted in a name change in the late 1700 early 1800
He claims ( not sure if right) that the original family name could have been vaughan and they changed it to Evans  ( hence grandfather being vaughan-Evans ) anyone gone across anything like this. Interested to see a death of one of the Jenkins aged 40 as looking for premature deaths in the bloodline to try and link this gene problem

My mother tells me that one of the mariners drowned at sea  on one if the ships