Author Topic: Help please, any record of Jessey Munro Scott Thomson in Shrewsbury, Shropshire  (Read 3972 times)

Offline denyse_aus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I'm seeking help in finding any record of a Jessey/Jessie Munro Scott Thomson/Thompson in Shrewsbury, Shropshire in & prior to 1833, please. The 1841 census states she was born in Scotland & her burial record states she was born in 1810.
===
October 04, 1833 - Liverpool Mercury - Liverpool, Merseyside, England
"On Thursday, the 26th ult. at St. Mary's Church, Shrewsbury, James, eldest son of James Crewe, Esq. solicitor, of this town (Liverpool) to Miss Jessey M. S. Thomson, of the former place." (Shrewsbury)
===
Whilst St Mary in Shrewsbury does come under the jurisdiction of Lichfield Diocese, it is a Peculiar, and the records are all in Shropshire. However, neither Lichfield or Shropshire has the Crewe-Thomson licence now.
===
The 1841 census shows Jessey was born in Scotland, but I have no record of her prior to her marriage in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
===
Jessey, James & children lived in Everton, Liverpool where he was an attorney, as was his father. Between 1836 -1843 James, Jessey & all of their children excepting my ancestor died "of Decline" according to Liverpool Necropolis records. That could have been cholera or tuberculosis of which there were epidemics at that time.
===
CHS: Boulderstone, Lomas, Bracegirdle, Worsencroft, Whitelegg, Jones, Simpson, Harding, Walley, Crewe<br />LAN: Butterworth, Holme, Brierley, Hoyle, Keary, Taylor, Bonney, Winterbottom, Bennison, Roscoe<br />W/MIDS: Stringer, Gill, Hampton, Hancox, Grainger, Parkes, Bodily, Jeavons, Ellis, Troman<br />MSX, LON, SRY: Stoner, Russell, Colebrook, Deighton, Husher, Bonney, Knott, Boatwright, Woodman, Smith<br />CLA: Quinn, Creedy, McGrath, McInerney, Arkins<br />COR: Lenihan, Connor, Byrne, Welsh<br

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, any record of Jessey Munro Scott Thomson in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 December 13 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the 4 records of the childrens baptisms on
http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html
all in St Augustines ,Everton,Liverpool
abode Prince Edwin Street
Everton

all have Jessey Munro Scott as mother
1834 Samuel Ward Scott Crewe - James is a Solicitor... in 1834 - not from 1836 as you thought
1836 Mary Jessey Crewe
1839 James Richard Crewe
1840 Jessey Munro Crewe

the marriage
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NJCH-2YB
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, any record of Jessey Munro Scott Thomson in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 December 13 10:55 GMT (UK) »
are all the family in this particular grave ?...2648

Burial: 30 Aug 1836 Low Hill Cemetery, Everton, Lancashire, England
Mary Jessy Crewe - [Child] of Jas. Crewe & Jessy
    Abode: Prince Edwin St.
    Grave: 2648
    Cause of Death: Decline
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline denyse_aus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 December 13 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Garstonite,

Yes they are the burials. I don't know what happened to child Samuel Ward Crewe but the youngest, Jessey, survived & was my 2 xgt-grandmother.

Name: James Crewe
Christen: 27 Apr 1805 St Mary's, Nantwich, Cheshire. (Could Be 27 May)
Death: 25 Nov 1843  (the Mill Rd, Everton hospital which was earlier the Union Workhouse Infirmary, which later became a maternity hospital & which closed in about 1994? Death reg 20 651West Derby
Burial: 28 Nov 1843 Grave No 2648, Liverpool Necropolis. Reg # 24119. The cemetery is now a park named Grants Gardens, on the corner of Everton Road & West Derby Road at the top of Brunswick Road.
Death Cause: Decline
Father: James Crewe (~1780-1840)
Mother: Mary Shotton (1781-<1839)

Spouse: Jessie Munro Scott Thompson
Birth: abt 1810 Scotland according to 1841 census
Death: 14 Aug 1841 Prince Edwin Street, Everton, West Derby, Liverpool
Burial: 16 Aug 1841 Liverpool Necropolis,  Grave No 2648. Reg # 20320
Marriage: 26 Sep 1833 St. Mary, Shrewsbury, Shropshire (by licence) St Mary's is in the diocese of Lichfield. However, neither Lichfield or Shropshire has the Crewe-Thomson licence now.
Children: Samuel Ward (1834-) Mary Jessey (1836-1836) James Richard (1838-1839)
Jessey Munro (1839-1938) she was my ancestor.

CHS: Boulderstone, Lomas, Bracegirdle, Worsencroft, Whitelegg, Jones, Simpson, Harding, Walley, Crewe<br />LAN: Butterworth, Holme, Brierley, Hoyle, Keary, Taylor, Bonney, Winterbottom, Bennison, Roscoe<br />W/MIDS: Stringer, Gill, Hampton, Hancox, Grainger, Parkes, Bodily, Jeavons, Ellis, Troman<br />MSX, LON, SRY: Stoner, Russell, Colebrook, Deighton, Husher, Bonney, Knott, Boatwright, Woodman, Smith<br />CLA: Quinn, Creedy, McGrath, McInerney, Arkins<br />COR: Lenihan, Connor, Byrne, Welsh<br

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 December 13 11:30 GMT (UK) »
I live about 7 miles from the Necropolis and Prince Edwin Street...
do you know whether Jessey  had a brother in Liverpool  named Walter Scott Thomson ??
ADDED
OK ... Forget Walter ...just researched - not a family member

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jessey Munro Scott Thomson in Shrewsbury, Shropshire
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 June 14 22:03 BST (UK) »
I know you have this and may have solved it all by now...I also have Thomson / Shropshire ties but from a different era not tied to yours...

Parents are down as James Crewe & Jessey Munro Scott. Might there have been a previous marriage to a Thomson?

Adding...ah, I see an interesting twist in the story...that her father was a Munroe...who left her with a Ward family...I imagine the name of the child Samuel Ward recognizes the man who raised her...and Samuel's wife was a great aunt of Jessie's husband James Crewe...?
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681294.0

You appear to have a great deal of threads on this same topic, I think you should link them together, or let people know where you are in your searches...
which by this last reply on that thread sounds resolved
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=681294.msg5272033#msg5272033
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com