Author Topic: James Nickless 1823 Madeley  (Read 5998 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: James Nickless 1823 Madeley
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 16:55 BST (UK) »
There seems to be some kind of error to this info as I have checked bmd for my Emma and it says clearly that her mother is Sarah

What BMD info do you have on Emma

Is this Samuel Noah Buckley & Emma in 1871   
Samuel N Buckley   32
Emma Buckley   28
Samuel N Buckley   6
Elizabeth Buckley   4
Martha S Buckley   2
Richard Buckley   7 Months
all born Madeley

What information does Emma's marriage certificate give about her father and who are the witnesses
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 17:31 BST (UK) »
Emma with father James & Mother Sarah in 1851  Madeley - this would tie in with the marriage of a James Nickless to Sarah Davies in 1851 - James father is listed as Thomas
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NN74-WB4

James Nickless   37 occ Coal Miner bn Madeley
Sarah Nickless   38 bn Shropshire
Emma Nickless   7 bn Madeley
William Nickless   16 Coal Miner
Job Davies   14
Ann Davies   10 bn Dawley
Eljah Davies   9 bn Dawley

The same family in 1861 from my earlier post
James Nickless   38 Coal Miner
Sarah Nickless   49
Mary Nickless   19 lab at coal pit
Emma Nickless   17 lab at coal pit
Hannah Nickless 9
William Nickless 1
Family all born Madeley except Sarah who was bn Abbey Tregate, Shropshire

Wrong family

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 18:36 BST (UK) »
Firstly Emma was born in 1841 not 1844 James was a Bricklayer not a coal miner, I do not have the marriage Certificate so I can say who the Witnesses were for Samuel and Emma There is a problem with ancestry .co.uk so I am unable to get the information I already have regarding their marriage record. but I know th info is correct that I have given I am getting quite frustrated with this search for James wife Sarah full name, I can also clarify that my cousin has the same information that I have regarding this seach I really can not concentrate on this much longer as I still have others to look for.
The other thing that I am concerned with is that in a previous reply you stated that Emma's brother William had died with in a year if his life that it also wrong as I am also intouch with his Great Grandson Please do not be offended by this but I would be happier to not carry on with this until I get a coy of Sam and Emma Marriage Record.   
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi a puzzle indeed, when Emma married Noah Backley/Buckley 8th June 1862 Madeley he was 24 occ Collier and Emma 20 both residing Madeley Wood, her father was indeed James occ Bricklayer, so who were the 2 witnesses Thomas & Mary Ann Nickless?

Keyboard86

PS where is Emma's birth reg on Freebmd?
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 19:33 BST (UK) »
I Think James is causing quite a stir in my family tree,  The only marriage I have found other than Sarah Davies in 1851 is Sarah Whitworth in 1827 so that woulud have contradicted the year of birth for James and would have made his year of birth abt 1807 the same as Sarah Whitworth they married in Aston Birmingham and she is the mother of Emma, however james did marry 2 more times the 2nd was to Elizabeth Ellis birth abt 1812  in 1837 and his 3rd was to Fanny birth abt 1808. I do not have their year of marriage or her maiden name.
James father also called James birth abt 1787 was married to Mary ? birth abt 1787  I believe the next step is to trace fanny and the year of marriage and James parents but not tonight as my eyse are getting sore and i need to finish my ironing.
Thankyou for all the help I really appreciate it and I will bid all a good evening.
Regards
Katrina
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi a puzzle indeed, when Emma married Noah Backley/Buckley 8th June 1862 Madeley he was 24 occ Collier and Emma 20 both residing Madeley Wood, her father was indeed James occ Bricklayer, so who were the 2 witnesses Thomas & Mary Ann Nickless?

Thank you Keyboard  :)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 22:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Katrina

Sorry if I have been confusing matters I only posted James the Coal miner information as it was a James with a wife Sarah  :(   Still at least we know that James who married Sarah Davies was a Coal Miner.  :) (He was also a widower)

The only marriage I have found other than Sarah Davies in 1851 is Sarah Whitworth in 1827 so that woulud have contradicted the year of birth for James and would have made his year of birth abt 1807 the same as Sarah Whitworth they married in Aston Birmingham and she is the mother of Emma,

I think that you can rule out the 1827 Birmingham marriage as that James & Sarah (both 54) are in Birmingham in 1861 with their daughter Emma age 20 bn Birmingham. That Emma's birth would appear to have been registered in Aston reg district in Sept qtr 1841.

All these James are confusing aren't they.

Rosie

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 June 14 09:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Katrina

I can confirm that the first baptism I gave you for Emma (15 May 1842) with parents James & Elizabeth gives her fathers occupation as Bricklayer, their abode was Madeley Wood.

Possible death of the William age 5 in 1851
Death Mar qtr 1850 
Nickless    William
Madeley    18   83

Death of James first wife Elizabeth
March qtr 1848   
Nickless    Elizabeth       
Madeley    18   101

Just to confirm I have the wrong deaths here
the William that died in 1850 was born c 1781
the Elizabeth that died 1848 was age 4

There was a burial 16 June 1865 for a Elizabeth Nickless of Madeley Wood age 52

ADDED
The other thing that I am concerned with is that in a previous reply you stated that Emma's brother William had died with in a year if his life that it also wrong as I am also intouch with his Great Grandson
You were right, as above  :)

This William appears to have been christened at St Luke, Ironbridge 7 December 1845 born 12 November 1845 -parents James & Elizabeth abode Madeley Wood fathers  occ Bricklayer

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 June 14 17:37 BST (UK) »
Family on 1851 census
Mary Ann bn 1839 James/Elizabeth
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NKHD-NYY

Emma bn 1842 James/Elizabeth   (already posted #2)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NRC4-H7H

William bn 1845  James/Elizabeth
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NKHD-B74

Marriage to Elizabeth already posted #3
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NN7W-G8V

I have re looked at this today and I am clearly more confused than before, however I have also looked at the puzzle and come to the conclusion that the info was incorrect from my late father and my uncle about James 1st wife's name because even my cousin from Mansfield has got the feeling of wrong family info. so what I am going to do is settle with the one that seems to be more accurate and that is Elizabeth Ellis birth 1812 I have no doubt that James did marry a Sarah wife no2 and wife no 3 was Fanny? I have looked at other family trees with the same information I already have for other family members so I  think we leave this and I will look at some else that need researching, James Snr was born in Dawlley 1787 he married Mary York 1808 mary was also born abt 1787/88