Author Topic: Fleeson Family and James Elliott  (Read 22824 times)

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fleeson Family and James Elliott
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 09 February 13 21:25 GMT (UK) »
John - Trying to match your information - can you tell me what year Plunket Fleeson was born (son of Jame and Maria). Also where was this family in Ireland? I am looking for birth of Emily Fleeson perhaps Castletown/Delvin (daughter of Plunkett) born about 1837. Her marriage was registered as Killucan 1861 at aged 24years. Your post said the information came from St Marys Delvin - do you think this is same or different family - so hard to tell with all the similar names and dates, but I don't know the locations and whether it is feasible to think the same family or perhaps another branch and therefore need to find the relationship of both families, again thanks for the information.
Also looking for birth of John Plunkett Elliott abt 1861 and Sarah Elliott abt 1863 - children of above Emily Fleeson (father Plunket) who married James Elliott 1861.
Do you know the names of churches in Castletown?....... Alison

Offline JOHNFLEESON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 06 March 13 20:55 GMT (UK) »
ALLISON         DATES I GAVE ARE THE BAPTISM AS THERE WERE NO CIVIL RECORDS IN IRELAND TILL 1863. AS THERE WERE ONLY TWO FLEESON FAMILY IN THIS AREA AT THAT TIME. PLUNKETT FDAS I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN . JAMES WHO MARRIED MARY BROWN. THEY HAD FOUR SONS DELVIN WAYBAPTISM  WILLIAM .16.10.1842.HENRY .13.12.1844 .JAMES 21.6.1846.RICHARD 23.12.1849. BY THE  WAY WILLIAM WAS THE FATHER OF DORRI S WHO BECAME  FAMOUS AS A WAR CORASPONDANT .THERE IS A BOOK WRITTEN ABOUT HER LIFE.        JOHN.

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 08 March 13 02:43 GMT (UK) »
John - thanks for the info ......... Alison

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 17 March 13 05:21 GMT (UK) »
John - have you found a baptism for Emily Fleeson born about 1837  - father Plunket Fleeson

She was married 1861 aged 24 years which is why we think born about 1837 but haven't found a birth record and we are interested to know the mother's name. The father (Plunket Fleeson) is listed on the marriage certificate.  The wedding took place in Killucan, West, Ireland, 29 January 1861 - registered in the district of Mullingar

Can you relate this to any of the information you have from Delvin?    Thanks Alison

Offline JOHNFLEESON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 23 June 13 23:16 BST (UK) »
................     HAVING                                                     

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 08:31 BST (UK) »
John - didn't understand your message.

Also looking for birth of any children born after Emily and James Elliott married 1861 - we think he was a policeman ............ Alison

Offline Dorothea McKenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 January 14 12:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

My great grandmother's name was Katherine Anne Fleeson from Co Westmeath, probably Delvin area, her mother was Mary Fleeson according to the 1871 census for Salford, Manchester England. She was born around 1840 married my great grandfather, Edward Gargan abt 1860 and had about 8 children, some in Ireland and some in England. Katherine died in Salford but Edward died in the states in 1906, he had joined his sons living in Lowell, MA. I looking for more info on her family and possibly where my great grandfather was born, his father was Paul Gargan. Thank you  Dorothea

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 January 14 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Dorothea - if you find out any information please let me know - my Emily Fleeson was born around the same time about 1837 Westmeath with a father Plunket Fleeson, good luck with your research ..... Alison

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Fleeson Family
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 15 February 14 02:46 GMT (UK) »
John - just trying to confirm possible brothers, sisters and mother of Emily Fleeson - her father was Plunkett Fleeson.     I am thinking your grandfather John Fleeson born 1843 is a brother to Emily (she was born about 1837)

?? children of Plunkett - James b 1827, Thomas b 1833, Emily b 1837, Plunkett 1839, John b 1843

Thomas b 1833 - married Mary Jane Lloyd 1861
James b 1827 - married Catherine Robinson
Emily b 1837 - married James Elliott 1861