Author Topic: mcclinton family  (Read 25968 times)

Offline Matriach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcclinton family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am a McClintock family researcher (this McClintock family) and may have recorded information that would further your line - just send me a PM

Matriarch
McClinton, McClintock - Ireland, Wigtownshire, Ayrshire
McCaskie - Ireland, Wigtownshire
McGill - Ayrshire
McDonald, McArthur, McKenzie - Nairnshire
Dridge/Jones - Hants/Sussex borders
Gostelow - everywhere
Lawrence/O'Brien/Moody - POrtsmouth

Offline RAMLEH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 15:19 BST (UK) »
I

Offline RAMLEH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 16:04 BST (UK) »
i have been trying to trace the rest of my greatgrandfather's family .
All I have got is that is the 4 sons(which includes my grandfather) and 2 daughters but  I believe there is two more in the family. Also I have found that my grandfather when he married my grandmother in 1897 he was a widower, and I know nothing about his previous marraige and have found nothing todate.

Offline Matriach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hello again

I have a query regarding your grandfather - he was born in 1867 - in 1887 he would have been only 20 - hardly time to become a widower. My info shows him to have married twice but to two Margarets in the 1890's. As this is not my direct line I may be mistaken but I think you should also check your facts.
Your g.grandfather William = Agnes Bruce 31/01/1861 at Inch is the brother of our g.grandfather Richard McClinton, born to Thomas = Martha Jolly in 1845 at Dunragit. Richard names one of his daughters Agnes Bruce  - Richard was the bellman at Kilmaurs and died in 1922.
McClinton, McClintock - Ireland, Wigtownshire, Ayrshire
McCaskie - Ireland, Wigtownshire
McGill - Ayrshire
McDonald, McArthur, McKenzie - Nairnshire
Dridge/Jones - Hants/Sussex borders
Gostelow - everywhere
Lawrence/O'Brien/Moody - POrtsmouth

Offline absi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 24 July 11 18:45 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Margaret Fitzsummons birth she married a Hugh Love in Girvan 1835, I saw you had a post a while back about a
James Fitzsummons who married aMargaret Caskie in Girvan 1849. do you know anything about this James? this is my first time
on this so I hopre I am doing it right.  I also remember McLINTOCKS in Larkhall he was a minister and I am sure he was a relation
of my grandfather I played with their son Freddie there were also LYNCH'S there as well

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 24 July 11 19:16 BST (UK) »
hi well my james fitzsimmons was married to margaret caskie or mccaskie 07/10/1849 and they had 1 daughter and she married a mclintock i dont know much about .james fitzsimmons at all.i think he was born 1824 and died looking from 1929 down the way because he is dead on his daughters marriage cert. i cant find a birth or death for him at all but still looking. i dont know what happend between him and margaret caskie as she went on to get married to my gggrandfather joseph brown 24/02/1851. both times she married in girvan scotland. so margarets daughter to james was maggie or margaret born 1849 married richard mcclintock 16/11/1869 she died 13/06/1929. so richard parents where william mcclintock & agnes bruce..so when margaret was married to joseph brown 1 of there sons also called joseph he married elizabeth mcclintock.and they had 1 son william brown he got killed in the first war. but when joseph died she got married 3 years later to peter mcpherson and she had 3 kids with him.and they moved to canada 1907 and are still there to this day   
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline absi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 24 July 11 19:26 BST (UK) »
There were Bruce's in Larkhall as well my grampa knew them they lived in Machan Road the McLINTOCKS lived in the Manse on Machan road the Lynch's lived in Quarry Street where we lived they had tomato houses did you come across any Loves in your tree

Offline WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 24 July 11 21:30 BST (UK) »
i am a brown and i have never found anyone with that name at all
all i have are brown..murray..mcnichol..mckenzie..mclintock..caskie..mcpherson..bruce.mclaren.whiteside..fitszimmons
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline absi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 25 July 11 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry I am new to this, but I thought that your James could have been a brother to my Margaret, and when you mentioned all the other names I had heard of them the Loves in Girvan were weavers who moved to AIRDRIE LANARKSHIRE to become miners
a lot of the Ayrshire people moved there about that time there was more money in the mines a lot then moved to Larkhall also
to the mines, so that is why I mentioned the names this generation was in my time so if they are in your line it would be this generation of them.

I also found this today       JAMES FITZSUMMONS married a MARGARET BROWN in MOCHRUM, WIGTOWN,SCOTLAND
                                        they had a child JOHN born 1858,  This could possibly be the same James as Maggies father.
                                        and maybe a relative of Joseph Brown, Girvan and Wigton are very small places everybody would
                                         know each other.
What do you think ?