Author Topic: Caffel, Caffle Caffie, Cassel, Wright, Fraser, McGrace (Inch and Leswalt)  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Eileen Cusack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am researching the family of William Wright who married Margaret Caffel.  I have their names from their son James' death record.

I have been unable to find anything on any Caffels related to Margaret.  I have seen the name recorded as Caffel, Cassel, Caffle and Caffie.  (Transcription errors I assume.)

I have seen their son James listed as James Alexander Wright  and as Alexander James Wright.  James married Margaret Fraser in Leswalt on 8 Jun 1810. (Daughter of Hugh Fraser and Jane McGrace)

James was a farmer.  James and Margaret had:
William Wright b 1816
Rosina Wright b circa 1821
Margaret Wright b 1826
Jane Wright b 1828
Alexander Wright b 1831

All were born in Wigtown (Leswalt, and Inch)

Any help with connections would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Offline Auchencrieff

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Caffel, Caffle Caffie, Cassel, Wright, Fraser, McGrace (Inch and Leswalt)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen
I'm afraid this won't be of much help but I have also been struggling with the name Caffie, Caffel or however it is spelt.
David Caffie married Elizabeth Marshall in 1867 in Port William, however Elizabeth married William Kelly in 1870 and I have been unable to find out what happened to David. His parents were John Caffie and Martha McGhie, but I think they came over from Ireland.
Sorry this isnt much help but it's nice to know someone has read your message. IfI come Cross anything I will let you know.
Regards
MARSHALL family in Ayrshire, Wigtownshire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Yorkshire, Canada
McHARG in Wigtownshire, Glasgow.
MYLES in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada.
HUGHES in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada, USA
SHIELDS in Lanarkshire, Ireland, Canada, USA

Offline Eileen Cusack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Caffel, Caffle Caffie, Cassel, Wright, Fraser, McGrace (Inch and Leswalt)
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 15:43 BST (UK) »
Dear Auchencrieff,

Thank you for your post!  Yes, quite a mystery-  I notice you are researching Hughes as well- I am researching Elizabeth Hughes daughter of James Hughes and Margaret unknown. Possibly McNally or Knox from Kirkcolm.

If I get any further with my Caffle I will give you a heads up,

Regards,
Eileen