Author Topic: Redmond Smyth  (Read 10504 times)

Offline bolton

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Redmond Smyth
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 August 14 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Meath 999
Thank you for your message, that would be wonderful.
I do not know if Redmond Smyth or Smith died alone sorry.
I just want to say thank you so much for your help it is greatly appreciated.
I have tried to send you a message which I wrote out twice but I seem to be doing something wrong
So I have answered here.
Thank you so much you have been very helpful.
Kind regards Christine
This information is crown copyright, from
"http://www.national archives.gov.uk"

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 October 14 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bolton,
Apologies , but it took me much longer than I expected to get up to the area where you believe Raymond Smyth/Smith lived in. What I found was that the records in the Meath County Library in Navan for the Kells Workhouse consisted of Minute Books, which listed in great detail the finances of the workhouse but unfortunately only listed the number of people entering and leaving it each week, including of course deaths. But people were not identified by name. So poor old Raymond .

However I found Moybolgue graveyard and it is a beautiful old place with ruins of a medieval or earlier church and very well looked after. I found 8 or 9 headstones with Smith names on them.
Some are very easy to read, others can barely be made out.

Some may well be related to Raymond but without any church records it will be difficult to see which. I will test my technology skills to the limit and try and put up one picture in a following post, but if you send me a PM giving an email address, I will give you access to a folder on Dropbox, where you can see  (and download if you wish) all the photos of Moybolgue  Graveyard.

Good luck with your continued hunt.

Kevin (meath999)

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 October 14 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bolton hopefully below will be a sample of the "Smith" headstones in Moybolgue