Author Topic: le bideau help  (Read 11832 times)

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
le bideau help
« on: Thursday 26 April 12 12:38 BST (UK) »
hi
Bit of a problem .Francois le bideau on the Alderney war memorial .Trying to find out when he died and is buried .If it's it my Greatdad or my greatuncle.
Does guernsey have Alderneys records???/for deaths .
He was alive in 1911.

Offline Smartypants2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: le bideau help
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 12 22:15 BST (UK) »
Have you made progress on your tree? I am currently trying to research Frank's father Francois (Le) Bideau.  Also are you aware of the family connection to La Boisselle study Group's discovery of Francois Marie Bideau in the Somme? If
 not check it out online. 

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 August 12 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi
The Boselle Francois  i've already seen and been in touch with it' gave me goosebumps at first when i saw it.Unfortunately he is not 'mine'
I've also been in touch with the people who do the war memorial site and they have now pulled the name whilst under investigation I have since found out that my Great uncle Francois married and had kids so he can't be the one on the Alderney statue.However my Greatgrandfather  could be favourite although he was born in 1873 ??that would mean he enlisted in 1915 at age 42 ?????? and he was demobbed in 19919;he wan't living when my Grandma got married in 1926.
Got these trees develop a life of their own lol.So who are you after ????????

Offline Smartypants2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 August 12 20:32 BST (UK) »
The one I am trying to research without too much success is Francois Bideau (sometime Francois Marie).  From your reply I think he may be the one you mentioned who was born 1872/3.  The one I am looking for details about was born in Trevou Treguignec in Brittany and moved to the Channel Islands, living for some time in Alderney.  I understand he left Alderney sometime during WWI but have so far not been able to find out where or when he died.  could this be the same person as your great grandfather?  If so are you able to shed any light on his death?  If we are talking about the same person then he is also my husband's great grandfather and the brother of the
Soldier at La Boisselle.

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 August 12 23:45 BST (UK) »
jeez mate who are you ?? i am intrigued now .My francois marie le bideau was born in France and then moved to Alderney with his wife Marie louise le bidea ??I have it he was born in 1873 and my Auntie told me he was the bideau on the Aldeney war memorial .That is why i have been talking to them .The Boselle guy had the exact same name so how could he be a brother ???Sometimes these relatives are hard to get your ahead around .Have they buried the Bosellle guy yet .When my Grand mother got married in Guernsey in 1926 he was deceased .My Auntie said after he dies they all moved to Guernsey .
peter

Offline Smartypants2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 August 12 22:03 BST (UK) »
I agree this is extremely confusing ... And the plot thickens!    Unfortunately from the point of view of FB born in France in1873 (FB senior), he also had two brothers with the same name - according to the research assistant here in Guernsey, it's not an unusual occurrence with French families at that time.  We are definitely talking about the same FB snr - he married Marie Louise Le Guen at Notre Dame du Rosaire Church in Guernsey on 14/10/1893.  I had assumed the F B on the Alderney memorial was FB senior's son (who was born around 1898), so I haven't researched him.    I'd definitely be interested to hear what you find out.  T
here is still a lot of family about in Guernsey and also in France.  I will ask the what they know about the war memorial FB.

Offline Smartypants2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 August 12 00:06 BST (UK) »
... And the soldier at La Boisselle is to be buried in a war grave near Where he was discovered, on 28th August.  A contingent of the family in France are going to go, taking a little of his home soil from Brittany to be buried with him.

Offline bankhall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 August 12 12:19 BST (UK) »
28 th  I would have liked to go ??
A letter from my Aunt gave me some people to look up in Brittany and when I looked the same name town popped up that you mentioned Trevou Treguinec.
What is your last name then ??I knew there was still  some relatives in Guernsey .can  i email you .
Peter

Offline Smartypants2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 August 12 17:08 BST (UK) »
Yes Of course it would be good to get in touch but I'd rather not post personal info on forum - Moderator can you pass on my details?