Author Topic: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Please - SANDS  (Read 10999 times)

Offline Tom 23

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Please - SANDS
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 July 14 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Marc, Claire and Liz,   
 I am a grand-daughter of Jean Morrison Sands and therefore by my calculation John and Janet (nee Morrison) Sands are my 3x gt. grandparents.  I think, Claire, you left out a generation - the parents of Jean Morrison and the rest of her siblings you have listed were James Alexander Sands (son of John Sands and Jean / Jane Buchanan) and Isabel Whelan.
 I would love to hear from any or all of you.  I have just restarted looking at the Sands line after several years and while I have a number of names, dates, and places there are a great many I don't have - Yours is the first mention of John and Janet Sands I have come across.  And Marc, how do you contact someone on this site 'privately'?

Hi

I know this is an old thread but I have a John Sands McIndoe b.1853 in my family tree, he was the son of William McIndoe and Jean Sands (daughter of John Sands and Janet Morrison).

Would be interested to find out the connection you have to him?

Offline marc roberts

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Census Lookup Please - SANDS
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 May 20 11:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

I know this is an old thread but I have a John Sands McIndoe b.1853 in my family tree, he was the son of William McIndoe and Jean Sands (daughter of John Sands and Janet Morrison).

Would be interested to find out the connection you have to him?

Hi Tom,

To continue the world's most drawn-out conversation... :)

I am descended from Robert SANDS brother of Janet SANDS and son of John SANDS and Janet MORRISON. Robert and his two brothers John and William SANDS emigrated to Australia in the 1850's and settled in rural Victoria.

I'd be fascinated by anything you could share about this family.

Cheers,
Marc
Buckinghamshire - Roberts, Radford
Lincolnshire - Christian, Plant, Woodcock, Cook, Harrison
Bedfordshire - Rowney
Devon - Gould, Weymouth, Williams, Pitts, Sprigg
Gloucestershire - Poulton, Ward, Price
Dorset - Hoare
Oxfordshire - Radford
Cheshire - Turner
Yorkshire - Cook, Horsfall
Inverness - McLean, McPherson
Renfrewshire/Lanarkshire - Sands, Wilson
Ireland - Sprigg, Mosse, Mellington, Kilcullen, Cunningham, Cahill, Nickson, Hodson