Author Topic: Lighthouse Keepers of Wexford  (Read 29926 times)

Offline wexford lass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lighthouse Keepers of Wexford
« Reply #18 on: Friday 06 March 09 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Dear Canberra girl,

My father is a Delaney from Parnell Street, Wexford, and my grandfather was a sea captain.

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 March 09 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In his book on Rosslare Harbour, John Maddock writes in relation to Tuskar Rock Lighthouse that during the 1880s the board of Trinity House bought two houses at Slaney Street and The Faythe, Wexford, for Lightkeepers families.  Maybe someone can confirm if other houses in Wexford town were similarly used for the families of Lightkeepers.

Cheers

Offline wexford lass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 09 March 09 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Dear Canberra girl,

Thomas Delaney was my father's uncle and Kevin was his fist cousin.  Mary Wade was Tom's wife.

My father would love to hear from you and will fill you in with more detailed information.  As I am new to the site I cannot reply to your mail.

Offline canberragirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 09 March 09 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Dear Wexford Lass

At last I've found someone who can fill in the blanks for me a million thanks for replying I look forward to our correspondence.
Apparently you can send Personal Messages after three posts. So just keep posting here for the moment.
Regards Canberragirl
carroll (south co.dublin)carroll,doyle,byrne(wicklow,arklow, avoca) coates, delaney, wade (wexford town)
callaghan, meehan (navan, co. meath)
Wilson (Cambridgeshire) Rogers, (poss London) Celey or Sealy, Vickery (North Curry, Somerset)

Offline Lighthouse lass

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 01:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Canberra Girl
so you found your Wexford Delaney roots I am a lighthouse keepers wife and am also related to the delaneys of Parnell Street through my mother who was an O Rourke of Parnell St Wexford who was a first cousin of the Delaneys of Parnell Street Michael Delaney was my Godfather . A closer relative would be a Mary Delaney Kinsella of wexford I will get her address for you All the sea/Lighthouse/lightship.delaneys came from Parnell Street .

Warm wishes
Lighthouse lass 

Offline canberragirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 13 May 09 14:56 BST (UK) »
Dear Lighthouse Lass
Thanks for letting me know this I'm happy to talk to any of the Delaneys and explain my connection. Looking forward to hearing from you.again.
Regards Canberragirl
carroll (south co.dublin)carroll,doyle,byrne(wicklow,arklow, avoca) coates, delaney, wade (wexford town)
callaghan, meehan (navan, co. meath)
Wilson (Cambridgeshire) Rogers, (poss London) Celey or Sealy, Vickery (North Curry, Somerset)

Offline kevcrq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 13:40 BST (UK) »
Canberragirl...  Thomas Kevin Delaney was my great Uncle, I was named after him!!  My Grandad was Richard Delaney, his brother, his sisters were called Peg (Margaret) and May.  They lived at 32 Parnell St, we used to visit with Peg up until she died in I think 1996.  My grandad married Margaret Oleary and they lived in the town in Columba Villas and later Bernadette Place in Wexford.  They had 6 children, 3 girls and 3 boys.  (My mother Veronica is their daughter).  He died in 1980 and she died in 1990.  She was related to the OLearys of Upper John St, Number 69, well known for housing a poultry business!!  Would be interested to chat more!! 

Offline kevcrq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 13:46 BST (UK) »
Lighthouse Lass

Not clear on the connection with your family in Parnell Street and would be very interested to find out more, as the only children from the 4 Delaney siblings (Thomas Kevins brother and sisters, known to them and everyone else as Kevin Delaney, married to Kathleen who recently died in Wexford) was from my grandad Richard, who had six children with his wife, my grandmother Margaret.  None of the other 3 had children, in fact May and Peg were never married.

Offline kevcrq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 09 June 09 13:48 BST (UK) »
Wexford Lass,

Would also be very interested to hear of your connection!!!  I am looking forward to all of your responses!!!