Author Topic: Dennison married Anderson ?1904  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Stev1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dennison married Anderson ?1904
« on: Friday 02 June 06 13:14 BST (UK) »
I wish to establish if Caroline Dennison married John Anderson in the Church of Ireland Sligo around 1904 and if so what was the date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Dennison married Anderson ?1904
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 September 13 00:15 BST (UK) »
This is the information I have on Caroline:

"Caroline Dennison Female Click to view the family tree Born: 1879 Died: 1958 She was born at Glenfarne Hall near Manorhamilton in Co Leitrim, Ireland and died in Dungannon, Northern Ireland. Occupation: She was a seamtress Comments: Her family name was Carrie. She was the daughter of William Dennison and Marianne McLoughlin (nee Emery). Her father had a pub in Lower Quay Street, Sligo, Ireland. Caroline's Family Spouse: John Stewart Anderson (Married 1907) Children: William (Will) Anderson, Cecil Anderson, Mary (May) Anderson They married in Calry Church of Ireland, Sligo, Ireland Caroline's Heritage Parents: Siblings"

Jila

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dennison married Anderson ?1904
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 September 13 07:54 BST (UK) »
Marriage: Caroline Dennison, Oct./Dec.1907 Sligo registration district, volume 2 page 285. John Stewart Anderson on same page.
The marriage certificate will show exact date and place, fathers' names and occupations.

Here's the Dennison family in 1901 and 1911-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Sligo/Sligo_North_Urban/Lower_Quay_Street/1685034
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Sligo/Sligo_North_Urban/Quay_Street_Lower/757871
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Stev1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 September 13 12:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks jila and aghadowey
jila where did you get the information from?
Stev1

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Dennison and John Stuart Anderson -married 1907
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 September 13 18:07 BST (UK) »
There are several of us researching the Leitrim Dennison's-but the trouble is there are so-o many of them all with the same first names:(

You can Google Dennison DNA and a website will come up with alot of interesting information. You can also Google John Stuart Anderson and  find info and photo of John and Caroline. I also have a tree on Ancestry you can view.

Some of this information and stories come from Shane's website. I cant seem to locate it at the moment.

Most of the Irish Information is what we can get from the Internet - various sources and/or from Dennison cousins in Ireland.

Caroline and her parents William and Mary Ann are on  the 1901 Census- Sligo. William died in about 1914 so Mary Ann and daughters moved to Tyrone .

Hope this helps
Jila

Offline Stev1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 06 September 13 07:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Jila
Thanks again for input.
Since I posted the original request for info in June 2006 I have extensively researched my grandmother's Dennison family. Caroline Dennison was that grandmother (John Stewart Anderson being my grandfather). William Dennison and Mary Anne are my g grandparents. William died on 12.4.1914 and Mary Anne on 29.3.1923. Both are buried in Sligo. Apart from my grandmother the daughters moved initially to Lisburn in Northern Ireland where they ran a baby clothes shop and then moved on to Bangor in Northern Ireland. The son went to Canada then back to Ireland then on to England then retired to Bangor to join his sisters in old age. My grandmother Caroline and the son, William, were the only siblings who married.
You may have picked up your info from www.andersonsofbroughane.info a website for which I am jointly responsible.
If you send me your email address on a personal message I can let you have a copy of my research.
Stev1

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Caroline Dennison married John Stuart Anderson
« Reply #6 on: Friday 06 September 13 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Stev,

Yes I think that must be the website where I got some of your info about Caroline:) Perhaps I meant to says Stephen's website not Shane (lol)

Do you have any contacts in Shankill? I am wondering about 2 records I found for a James and John Dennison:

Church Baptism Record Name: James Dinison Date of Baptism / Birth: 13/09/1801 Address: Parish / District: ST ANNE'S, SHANKILL Gender: Male County Co. Antrim Denomination: Church of Ireland Father: John Dinison Mother: Jane Dinison Occupation: Sponsor 1 / Informant 1: Sponsor 2 / Informant 2: Notes: OFFICIATING MINISTER ROBERT DOBBS.

Church Baptism Record Name: John Dennison Date of Baptism / Birth: 27/07/1797 Address: Parish / District: SHANKILL ST ANNE'S, BELFAST Gender: Male County Co. Antrim Denomination: Church of Ireland Father: John Dennison Mother: Jane Dennison Occupation: Sponsor 1 / Informant 1: Sponsor 2 / Informant 2: Notes: REV R DODDS.

==============================================

Just wondering if there is any way to tell if these boys immigrated or died in Ireland? Did they marry? What happened to their parents John & Jane??

Where in Canada did the brother go?

Can you help me at all with James and John?

Thanks alot:)
Jila

Offline Stev1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 September 13 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Jila
Sorry can't help with James and John. There were not part of my Dennison family.
My research was into the Meenymore townland Dennisons.  Meenymore townland is just south of Manorhamilton in Co Leitrim. They came to Ireland in Cromwell's army in the shape of Captain (later Major) John Dennison.

The son, William. was in Toronto. He found employment as a floor manager in a big grocery store.
Good luck, ,Stev

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 07 September 13 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

My James and John and Robert are all from Meenymore and related to your Dennisons- However we are just having trouble finding a birth record for them. These are the closest records I could find so I thought I might be able to find out if they immigrated to Canada or not? 

John, Robert and James all immigrated to Caledon Ontario about 1830.  John married a Catherine Alexander , Robert married Eliza Wiggins and James married Mary Ann McBride. John married in Ireland and Robert and James married in Ontario.

Our mutual Canadian Dennison cousins & Irish Cousin Barry Bradfield have been working very hard to track these three brothers for years - I just thought you might be able to help with these two records:)

Oh well thanks anyway
Jila