Author Topic: Felix Curran  (Read 18990 times)

Offline Freya Ellingsen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • We build our pedigrees based on the proofs we find
    • View Profile
Re: Felix Curran
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 17:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your quick reply this is the Felix I am after:
Graveyard Name:  Slawin
Parish:  Inishmacsaint
Townland:  Slawin
County:  Fermanagh
Inscription:  Erected by Felix Curran in memory of his beloved wife Marget Curran who departed this life Septr 12th 1887 aged 53 years Here also lieth the remains of his father, Felix Curran of Magheracar, Bundoran who died on 23rd of January 1889 aged 91 years.  He is in the 1911 Census aged 70 and his daughter Margaret is 29.

Tanks,

Fran :-\
Brooker, Creagh Curran, Ellingsen, Evans, Hatton, Ryan, Slade, Campbell, Flett

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 17:49 BST (UK) »
It's entirely possible that Felix Curran Sr.'s Will might contain details about his son Felix, distribution of his property, etc. which is why I posted the reference.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Freya Ellingsen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 05:20 BST (UK) »
We have recently obtained Felix snr will and it does not mention his son Felix.
Only his son John in Australia and his children, a housekeeper and the local priest of course! James the other son died earlier we hope to get his will when we are over in Sept.
Felix Curran V Felix Curran is a article I found in the local Irish papers, so they must of fell out over ? land as happens over and over again in Ireland. I know that Felix jun was alive in 1911 aged 70 and his daughter was aged 29 his own wife is dead.

Fran

Offline Freya Ellingsen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Felix Curran
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 December 12 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on Felix Curran see abstract of will;Felix Curran
Record Type Wills Calendars
Date of Death 23 Jan 1889
Year of Probate 1889
Name Felix Curran
County Donegal
Residence Magheracar Bundoran
He is buried;
Graveyard Name: Slawin
Parish: Inishmacsaint
Town/Townland: Slawin
County: Fermanagh
Surname: CURRAN
Any further information would be  a plus in our search for lost family information.

Maree :-\

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 26 December 12 10:04 GMT (UK) »
"any information" is rather vague so perhaps you could tell us exactly what you already have and what you are looking for to save us searching for details you already know and to make it easier to help you.

You should be able to find Felix's age from the death registration if you don't already know it- see www.familysearch.org.

The wording of his Will is available in PRONI Will abstracts.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 26 December 12 10:09 GMT (UK) »
As I just said, telling us everything you already know saves us needless extra work and I have now found your previous Felix Curran topic (with lots of information already posted) so I've merged it with your latest one.

Offline Tom Curran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 25 January 14 01:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maree, my name is Tom Curran i am researching my Family History. Felix Curran is my 3rd Great Grandfather, he was married to Margaret McGourty, they had one son (as far as i can find) John Curran he was married to Margaret Bell, they had one sone (as far as i can find) James who was married to Hanorah (Nora) Magdalen Murrihey, they had a sone John Gordon who was married to Bridgett Elizabeth McElgunn my Grand Parents.
I would love to chat with you maybe we can help each other we may even be chasing the same FamilyHistory.

Tom  :)

Offline Tom Curran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 26 January 14 06:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Maree, my name is Tom Curran i am researching my Family History. Felix Curran is my 3rd Great Grandfather, he was married to Margaret McGourty, they had one son (as far as i can find) John Curran he was married to Margaret Bell, they had one sone (as far as i can find) James who was married to Hanorah (Nora) Magdalen Murrihey, they had a sone John Gordon who was married to Bridgett Elizabeth McElgunn my Grand Parents.
I would love to chat with you maybe we can help each other we may even be chasing the same FamilyHistory.

Tom  :)

Offline My Ruby Dog 836

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 28 January 14 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom
Yes it does seem to be the right Curran. John Curran and Margaret Bell had 6 Children 1st born died about age 1. his name was also John, they had 2 more boys Patrick (my G/Father) and James, the girls names were Elizabeth,Minnie,and Margaret,
Felix and Margaret had two sons that I know of John and James, James died in 1887 in Ireland and is buried with his parents (i have photo of grave i took when i visited Ireland last year) I also have a copy of Felix's will leaving everything to John and his family in Australia.I'm having a little trouble verifying Johns entry into Aust. A few hiccups with age written on marriage cert. I know he married in Aust. in 1864 and that they had the six kids and the Mother died age 32 after 10yrs marriage,I,m not sure what happened with James's marriage but he died in Sth Aust. in the 1920's buried in a place Minnipa (i also have photo of his grave) he was poisoned I think accidentally ,the newspaper reports seem to point to the poison being meant for someone else.Do you know an Inez Woods she was a Curran and came down the line of James as you did.I probably give you a bit more info at a later date  when i sort it out and get everything up to date and learn how to put photos on here for you,
Thanks for getting in touch