Author Topic: Looking for information on Allen Barnes Coventry  (Read 791 times)

Offline Tinkerbell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Looking for information on Allen Barnes Coventry
« on: Tuesday 29 July 14 04:37 BST (UK) »
Hi I am needing some help with a Allen Barnes b1890 die4d 1961.
    he was married to a Charlotte Cowley b1886 she died in Child Birth 1930.
    I was told 
he is on Ancestry employment painter & decorator and he had remarried can someone help me with the Ancestry Tree pls.

Tinkerbell
Chapman/Bromfield/Toyn/Kirk/Lincolnshire, Bailey/Chaddleworth/Reading/Berkshire.Smith-Mutlow/Cirencester/Cricklade/Gunn/Graham/Inverness/Scotland

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Allen Barnes Coventry
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 07:29 BST (UK) »
I can't see any other information for Allen Barnes on a tree on Ancestry.

However, Ancestry do have Warwickshire records -

Baptism - St Peter, Coventry
8 January 1902 - Allen AND Edith Barnes, both born 7 July 1890 - children of Henry and Elizabeth Barnes of 45 Queen Street - occupation Weaver.

There is a death registration in Coventry in June quarter 1930 for Charlotte Barnes, aged 46.

I can see a marriage for Allen Barnes in Coventry Registration District 6d, page 1873 - September quarter 1944 to Rose D Bicknell.

Added:  There was another baptism with Allen and Edith - Mary Ann born 15 March 1886.

Plus another multiple christening the following year - some of them were married by this time  ;D
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 08:03 BST (UK) »
I believe that Allen's parents were

Henry Barnes, born 1839 and Elizabeth Jane Dale - married Macclesfield Registration District, 8a page 162 in March quarter 1865.

They appear to have lived at the same address - 45 Queen Street, Coventry - from at least 1871 until 1911 - although Henry died September quarter 1904 aged 59.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Tinkerbell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Perhaps the Henry Barnes and Elizabeth Jane Dale...could be the parents of Allen Barnes....I am
finding this information for my friends Mother Marqaret (Peggy) who was sent out from Eng on the 8 Month 1936 Ship Otranto to Australia and Margaret joined the army when she was 15yrs lying about her age and didn't see her brother again for 45yrs....he ended up in Sydney we don't know whether he was married or not. he was born abt 1924 and Margaret May 1926....she had quite a few sisters. and doesn't know what happened to them.....she had no futher contact with her Mother (Charlotte who died 1930 proberly through Child Birth and the Father Allen Barnes died 1961...they were told they were going on a holiday and that was the end of there family....we are in Western Australia...
Charlotte's Maiden name was Cowley born Coventry.

Thanks for your help,
Tinkerbell x
Chapman/Bromfield/Toyn/Kirk/Lincolnshire, Bailey/Chaddleworth/Reading/Berkshire.Smith-Mutlow/Cirencester/Cricklade/Gunn/Graham/Inverness/Scotland

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi:  not sure what other information you want.  Do you have the census entries for Allen?  Do you know who his siblings were - I can see a number of them, and I can see dates of baptisms, and possibly marriages?

Unfortunately on RootsChat we are unable to discuss living people, but you may like to try posting a message on the "Australian" board to see if anyone can help you in Oz, regarding the brother.

Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 17:07 BST (UK) »
With mother's maiden name of Cowley, and surname Barnes I can find the following birth registrations (after 1913 when the mother's name was indexed):

Edith M - March quarter 1914, Olive - March quarter 1916, Joan - March quarter 1919, Norman - September quarter 1924, Peggy - June quarter 1926 and Lottie J - June quarter 1930 (the same quarter as Charlotte's death registration).  I can see, but haven't looked at details, for a voyage to Fremantle in 1936 for P and N Barnes - birth years match those given above.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY