Author Topic: RAMC help  (Read 469 times)

Offline melissa885

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
RAMC help
« on: Saturday 12 April 14 15:05 BST (UK) »
I am wondering if anyone could help me track down any information on my great grandfather Frederick Cave. I know that he was in the RAMC and his service number was 7523434. On his marriage records to my great grandmother he may have went by Cave-Jones. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: RAMC help
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 April 14 15:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Melissa,
Welcome to RootsChat.
You could try the RAMC Museum in Aldershot.
www.ams-museum.org.uk
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RAMC help
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 April 14 08:49 BST (UK) »
Seven digit army numbers were issued in 1920 with the RAMC being allocated the block 7245001 to 7539000. The number you have is in the block, but very high - they were issued in order of entry to the RAMC. However, it means his service record is still with the MOD.

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/army.html

You will need a copy of his death certificate. Recent postings suggest they can now supply them in less than six months. You should ask for a copy of the whole record.

Ken