Author Topic: One man and his dog fading away - Sam and Brian  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: One man and his dog fading away
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 08:36 BST (UK) »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how many more people had taken the time and trouble to bring the photo back to life.

Thank you so much Irene, japeflakes, Allan, Joy and Caroline, I'm much obliged.

The printer's going to be busy lol
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: One man and his dog fading away - Sam and Brian
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 20:09 BST (UK) »
A try from me, regards, John.

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 20:35 BST (UK) »
Aw, thanks John for another sterling restoration.

What has surprised me, which wasn't clear to me on the original photo, is the state of his shoes; because as an ex forces man he was always buffing and polishing them.

Your time and expertise is much appreciated.

Rena
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 July 14 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Rena,

Bit of a late one for you.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 17 July 14 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Thank you.  Better late than never eh?  I appreciate the time and effort you took on retrieving one man and his dog.

Rena