Author Topic: 84, Bishopsgate, London. Is it an old building?  (Read 12612 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: 84, Bishopsgate, London. Is it an old building?
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 21 September 14 14:20 BST (UK) »
Jan,
Even more reason to think that that was quite a risky move to hop on an Atlantic liner less than 3 months after the Lusitania was torpedoed by the Germans...
And that's an entirely valid suggestion about Marijan, or however we'd interpreted her forename, being the very same woman who married Stefan, strange that I just hadn't considered it.  Does make sense in every way.
And Gaie, I very much like your suggestion, with explanation, that the birthplace for Marijan and also the Moritz/Morris family member in that 1871 Census could well be Bonn am Rhine misinterpreted from being heard to being finally transcribed.  That 1871 Census is a key clue in all this, plus Shaun having chased Albert Theodore to and fro across the Atlantic.  Sort of feels as though this is beginning to fit together into some kind of cohesive narrative at last.
Need perhaps to focus on Bonn now for earlier LOEFFLER's.  All very exciting, a lot of very hard graft has gone into all this...
Keith
And of course, thanks to Shaun again, we have a handle on that other family member Moritz, through military records...

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 84, Bishopsgate, London. Is it an old building?
« Reply #91 on: Sunday 21 September 14 14:39 BST (UK) »
isn't  Ana Maria,  the  same person  as  Marijan
This was my assumption - because  Albert T was going to his aunt Mrs Stephens in St Louis, and in the 1910 census he is listed with Marian Grzechowiak, known as Stephens per the directories.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk