Author Topic: Death of Ann Kerr Price  (Read 2405 times)

Offline wattleflat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Death of Ann Kerr Price
« on: Monday 04 June 12 06:27 BST (UK) »
OK-- I'm banging my head up against the wall. I am trying to find the death of Ann Kerr Price (nee Smith) Born 21.5.1866 Old Monkland Lanark. She married James Price on 13.3.1885 in Barrhead. Her mother's name was Margaret Robertson, her father's name was Thomas Smith. I have looked on Familysearch and SP and come up empty, tried all varaitions of her name also. Can anyone help??
Thanks
Kristin
Smith, Ealey, Rivers, Stevens, Price, Denahy, Saunders,

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Ann Kerr Price
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 June 12 06:40 BST (UK) »
Good morning, I got a few hours sleep.

You are possibly being too specific in your search.

She died 1937 age 71 in Renfrewshire.  No mention in index of middle name Kerr.

Let me know if you still cannot find it.

Dave

PS Family search not usually any good for Scottish deaths.  SP is best option for deaths.
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline wattleflat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 June 12 06:44 BST (UK) »
Glad you got some sleep. Will try again

Thanks Kristin

Offline wattleflat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 June 12 06:56 BST (UK) »
Yep, found it, I think I had better give up for the day, my head is starting to spin LOL Thanks for all your help
Kristin

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 June 12 07:18 BST (UK) »
I know what you mean. 
Sometimes definitely better to walk away for a while and come back with a fresh outlook.
Always plenty of folk on here willing to help you out if need be.
I go through spells of trying to help folk, quite often just to give myself a break from searching all my illusive brick walls.
I'm trying to do a sort of one name study of all Forrests (my surname) in Scotland pre 1855.  Never ending task!
No doubt we'll speak again.

Dave

-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline MaryCunningham

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 December 14 02:00 GMT (UK) »
I now definitely think all these Prices you are looking for are also distant relatives of mine. I think my grandfather, James Price had a middle name of Robertson.  And one of his daughters was also called Margaret - my family are big on naming conventions and following rules of first born son named after the father's father etc. my grandparents didn't have enough boys for all the names, just 2 boys but 8 girls and one of my aunts is called Thomasina and you have listed a Thomas Price...an awful lot of co-incidences - look up my other posts on familiar family names!

Definitely think you need to get hold of the Electoral register for Barrhead and look up James Price who still lives there.

Offline MaryCunningham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 December 14 02:15 GMT (UK) »
I'm so stupid! James Price was my grandfather's brother! My granddad was William. Just realised when I was thinking about the naming conventions. I was thinking my Uncle James was named after his father but off course he was named after his father's father so that makes sense as my Uncle Willie was named after his Dad Wlliam! The James Price you mention on another thread is my Mum's Uncle Jimmy who died in the 70s, he was married to Mary (my first name doesn't come from my mother's side if family). I remember my Mum's uncle Jimmy, we used to bump into him shopping in the Main Street in Barrhead. For some reason he always gave me 10p and an apple and ignored my wee brother.

Great Uncle Jimmy had just the one daughter, Janet. Married name Ballantyne. My mum's cousin!

Sorry, should have thought it all out before starting to post! It's my Mum's Uncle Jimmy you are trying to trace I think!

I think Janet Price may be dead, she was much older than my Mum and my mum would be 81 this year but she did have a son, either Duncan or Iain.

Offline wattleflat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 04:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mary, James Price born 1919, was my ex- husband's father. My ex is also James Price (the family thing of naming first born James). I live in Australia, as does Jim Price, he is 72. I haven't been doing much research in the last year or so, so I have lost all threads of who's who in the family tree. My daughter occasionally admonishes me for not getting back into it LOL.
Cheers Kristin

Offline MaryCunningham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kirsten

I wish I was still in contact with family back in Barrhead. There are so many co-incidences with the names you are searching and all the names of the Price's who are related to me!

It would be strange if there was another Price family in Barrhead as my Prices were well known. My Mum had 7 sisters and 2 brothers so everyone knew the Prices. In fact, I grew up being known not by my surname but as 'one of the lassie Price's daughter."

The Thomas Smith name is also interesting as I have an aunt who is Thomasina Smith Price...who I have just recently tentatively got back in touch with.

As a librarian I should be much better at researching but it's the usual thing of having to pay to access what are essentially public records.

Good luck and keep me posted on what you find out.

Mary