Author Topic: Can find him died young help please john miller 1836  (Read 3061 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Can find him died young help please john miller 1836
« Reply #27 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
Oh that's sad why keep one of the children and not the other personally that doesn't make sence to me but very very said I believe they might have been at oval rd as they I think lived next door later to ther daughter or at least close by in Croydon

They were in Oval Road by 1891.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:01 BST (UK) »
So he died in hospital sorry bit slow does it say what of ???? And if a fever hospital that could be anything like tb ect and what of the two children did they marry
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:03 BST (UK) »
Sister
Jane Sophia Mary Ann Miller admin died 13.10.1915 Oval road Croydon to John miller clerk
£263 11s 2d

Ciderdrinker

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:05 BST (UK) »
You would need a death certificate to see what he died of.  I have yet to confirm that it is your James Miller as I need to match a death registration and age.

Thanks ciderdrinker, I was just looking for that again to post.  :)

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:05 BST (UK) »
Blimey so she had to give them up and then get them back so she went home to Devon and didn't take the children and then married and went back ? So said as I have a wonderfull photo of her and her husband Thomas arms draped all over him hugging him which was UNHEARD of in those days so a lovely ladie that must have been terrible your husband dieting and having to send your childen to a home and give them up just awefull

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:06 BST (UK) »
Letters of Administration - James Miller formerly of 65 Cornhill in London but late of Forest Row, Dalston, Middlesex who died at The London Fever Hospital, Liverpool Road
Registry to Jane Miller of Forest Row, widow

This looks like his death then from Freebmd - the certificate would tell you the cause of death. His DOB is wrong though.

March quarter 1866

Miller    James    35    Islington    1b   217

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:12 BST (UK) »
So how long where the two children in care for ?and if jane died did she marrie did her brother marrie ?. I thought she married Thomas not long after her first husband died ?.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:16 BST (UK) »
From what cider drinker posted, Jane Sophia Mary Ann Miller didn't marry.

Dont jump to conclusions, Hannah, she may have left the children with relatives while she went back to visit relatives. There is no real way to know, as a census just shows us where she was on that particular night. What we do know is that she was in Dalston in 1867 and 1877 when her children were born.

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 04 July 14 13:17 BST (UK) »
Ok getting slightly confused .... It happens so janes husband died but so are her children buy 1915 have I got this right so all three millers apart from jane died young oh that is devastatingly sad poor poor jane thank you so so much for your help I do wonder how they met as jane must have come up to be in London from Devon
Thank you all once again fab yes I will get certificate after I have there wedding certificate I will get his death certificate