Author Topic: Laurens; Jersey, Channel Islands  (Read 8824 times)

Offline Toni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Laurens; Jersey, Channel Islands
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 January 13 05:59 GMT (UK) »
@ Northern Jo ~  You have - REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

REIDFORD is my Mum's ms.  John REIDFORD born c1595 & Janet FORBES c1600 are my 9 x great-grandparents.  I'd be keen to learn how you relate to these surnames?

Toni ~ Ontario Canada
Reidford: All
SCOTLAND: Brown Clark Bain Elvin McClusky/McLusky Stevenson Wylie Jamieson Christie Donaldson Ritchie
CHES/LANCS: Whyatt Hadfield Smith Travis Barlow
NORFOLK:  Balls Stone
HUNTS: Phillips
NRYKS: Metcalfe Harrison Winn
SHROPS: Metcalfe [Richardson]
SOMERSET: Richardson
GLOUCS: Richardson Jenkins
LINCS: Yarwood
SURREY: Payne
SUSSEX: Heater Yarwood Kennelly Rowland Antram    Martin Lanstead
DEVON: Clark Mill Adams Tremeer Brook Newcombe Jewell Baker Dart Witheridge Lyell

Offline Laurens

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 03:15 GMT (UK) »
I am the granddaughter of John Adolphus Laurens that you mentioned who was brother to Walter Randolph Laurens.  We always called him Randolph.  Been to Handois, Village of St.Lawrence, Jersey Island where the Laurens family lived before two sons came to Canada.
Am interested in any details of family history and any descendants.

Offline Northern Jo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 January 14 06:02 GMT (UK) »
 :)   Would you please contact me directly via my genealogy e-mail at jmpetersoncan@aim.com so that we can further discuss and share information. Since the family knows so little about this particular line in the tree, any and all information will be greatly appreciated.  I am very willing to share what little we know.

Thank you so very much.

Happy New Year!!!!

Joanne    :)
DUNCAN (and associated families of HAXTON, WATSON, WALLACE, BELL, ANDERSON, SPEED and LESSLIE) originated in Fifeshire, Scotland

REID (and associated families of HERON, KEITH, REIDFORD/REDFORD, MORRISON, WEBSTER, PIRIE, OGILVIE, DINGUAL, LAURENCE, GRANT, FRASER, and FORBES) originated in Banffshire, Scotland

CUNNINGHAM (pre 1780) -- John, Richard and Michael originated in Roscommon County, Ireland