Author Topic: Lookup Request: 1841/1851 - Snizort: NICHOLSON/NICOLSON  (Read 4341 times)

Offline landvaettir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lookup Request: 1841/1851 - Snizort: NICHOLSON/NICOLSON
« on: Monday 01 August 05 03:06 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Can anyone find Norman Nicholson/Nicolson - b: abt.1820, living in the parish of Snizort, on the Isle of Skye?
In 1850 he married Ann Cameron in Snizort. No idea of parents or siblings. He may not be on the 1851 Census because he emmigrated to Canada sometime around 1851.

Thanks,
Norman

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Request: 1841/1851 - Snizort: NICHOLSON/NICOLSON
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 August 05 20:39 BST (UK) »
Here is the link for the 1841 census http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~relys4u/

Your search would be easier if you had his parents names.  Perhaps his Canadian death cert. would list them?
Did he emigrate on his own?  Perhaps siblings emigrated with him. 

Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline landvaettir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 August 05 20:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the link.
You're right, it's impossible to pick him out without more information on siblings.
Norman

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 February 14 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am an Argyllshire native and I have just found my first Invernesshire connection today. It seems my 3x great grandfather, Malcolm NICOLSON, was born around Snizort. He married Marion BEATON also from that area. Malcolm was born around 1831. I have only his mother's given name, Janet (Jannet, Jennet) so far.

This is doubly interesting to me as I immigrated to Canada as a child and later married a Canadian who's mother is a NICOLSON descendant (also from Skye) from Prince Edward Island. Next I'll be related to my husband! lol

Mary
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull