Author Topic: Burials at St. Mary's in Kidderminster - Andrew Jones & family  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Rebecca Francis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Burials at St. Mary's in Kidderminster - Andrew Jones & family
« on: Sunday 20 July 14 15:59 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I have an entry from the National Burial Index that tells me my ancestor Andrew Jones was buried at St. Mary's in Kidderminster on June 26, 1819, aged 34 (though I believe he was actually 39). Is the actual burial record itself likely to say any more about him? Also, I'd like to know if he is buried with his wife Sarah Jones (nee Bennett) and/or any of their children, perhaps a young son named Thomas. (I am unable to locate anything definitive on Sarah after the christening of three of her and Andrew's children in 1818. I don't know if she died shortly after, lived as a widow, or remarried.)

I'm in the U.S.--how might I get started with this? Are there places or people I can contact who might have this info handy, or would I need to hire a researcher?

Thanks for any advice--

Rebecca
in Brunswick, Maine

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at St. Mary's in Kidderminster - Andrew Jones & family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 July 14 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Rebecca,
Welcome to RootsChat.
You could try contacting Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry. The secretary resides in Kidderminster and should have the Baptisms, Marriages & Burials for St Mary, Kidderminster.
www.bmsgh.org
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Rebecca Francis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burials at St. Mary's in Kidderminster - Andrew Jones & family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 July 14 03:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Victor, for the welcome and for the suggestion! I've just sent them an email. I will be thrilled if they can help!

Have a great day,
Rebecca