Author Topic: Storans/Storens/Storins  (Read 2164 times)

Offline mary1982

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Storans/Storens/Storins
« on: Wednesday 06 August 14 10:58 BST (UK) »
I have this posted in Tipperary forum also but as i think my storans  are limerick based it might be no harm to stick in in here also.

Looking for any information on my gg grandmother Mary Storan born about 1840 in Tipperary to Thomas Storan and Judith Elliott (who I believe from what i have found to have been from Limerick themselves)Went on to marry my gg grandfather Robert Phillips born about 1835 in Newport Co. Tipperary in 1865. Storan seems to be a fairly rare name for Ireland even with the different spellings of it. From what I have researched so far the name seems to be based mostly in Limerick but my gg grandmother was born and lived in Tipperary. From what I can see  there is only roughly 100 or so people with this surname is the whole of Ireland in the 1901 and 1911 census. Any help or insight would be most welcome.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Storans/Storens/Storins
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 August 14 13:06 BST (UK) »

Offline Vinwad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 August 14 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary1982,

Variants of my g.grandmother's surname are Mary Storen, Storey and Stone. She was from Limerick (b.1883) and her father's name was Robert. I haven't been able to trace back any further to see where Robert was from but just thought the other spelling variants of the name might help you in your search.

Vince
Waddams, McNamara, Collopy, Limerick, Bedworth, Warwickshire

Offline mary1982

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 August 14 14:59 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for the advice. Yeah the variants I've seen so far are Storin and Storen! I recently found his marraige cert that lists his address as Castleconnell co. Limerick and Judith as Birdhill so at least I can see why all my Storan's were born in Tipperary.

I looked on roots ireland to see how far back Castleconnell records go and for births it's seems to be from 1850 so I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never find out anymore about Thomas as his birth would have in been roughly the late 1700's as Judith's was 1796 approx!