Author Topic: Isabella BLACKLEY born abt 1835 Ireland  (Read 3248 times)

Offline fred2derf

• I am not longer being notified of new replies
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella BLACKLEY born abt 1835 Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 May 14 05:06 BST (UK) »
That 1874 death in RD W Derby could be the wife of a George W Bleakley in W Derby in 1871.

I can't get a copy of every certificate.

There is another Isabella in Lancashire in 1871 census but that one born Cumberland.

Isabella, spouse of George W Bleakley is with family in 1881, 65 Clarence Grove, Everton - RG11 Piece 3663 Folio 47 Page 28. In 1881 Isabella is listed as born Ireland.

Both RODGERS ones have been ruled out.

I've been told despite what SP index says about a John aged 27 and an Isabella aged 24 and James3 in Tradeston that the JOHNSTON family can't be found in Lanark.

There is a limit to how many credits on SP I can afford to get each year.  I have 24 left out of 90 purchased over the past 5 weeks. Any Australian certificates needed take priority.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 01 May 14 08:29 BST (UK) »
That 1874 death in RD W Derby could be the wife of a George W Bleakley in W Derby in 1871.

I can't get a copy of every certificate.

There is another Isabella in Lancashire in 1871 census but that one born Cumberland.

Isabella, spouse of George W Bleakley is with family in 1881, 65 Clarence Grove, Everton - RG11 Piece 3663 Folio 47 Page 28. In 1881 Isabella is listed as born Ireland.

Both RODGERS ones have been ruled out.

I've been told despite what SP index says about a John aged 27 and an Isabella aged 24 and James3 in Tradeston that the JOHNSTON family can't be found in Lanark.

There is a limit to how many credits on SP I can afford to get each year.  I have 24 left out of 90 purchased over the past 5 weeks. Any Australian certificates needed take priority.

Hi Fred,
I'm sorry but I didn't quite understand the beginning of your last post. Who told you that - despite what SP index says about a John aged 27 and an Isabella aged 24 and James3 in Tradeston that the JOHNSTON family can't be found in Lanark. ? :-\
The Johnston family I mentioned in Reply 4 were married in Tradeston but the birth of James in 1867 was in Greenock, Renfrewshire. This family could still be in Renfrewshire at 71 Census/could be dead/could have emigrated. Certainly the 1866 marriage at Tradeston is definitely on Scotlands People .

We all appreciate the expense of Family History research can escalate. I too have a budget and can rarely afford SP credits and cannot afford subs to the likes of An***try. But it's hard to search for missing " Scottish links" without using SP. Perhaps Isabella will be the "one who got away" ;D

Good luck with your future research,
Looby :)

Offline fred2derf

• I am not longer being notified of new replies
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 May 14 05:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Looby,

Thanks.  I hope I have more luck with another branch of my family.

I buy a certain number of certificates per year rather than take out a subscription to any site.

I looked on SP for the JOHNSTON family in 1871 and in the index found a John aged 27 and an Isabella aged 24 and James 3 in Tradeston.  I asked several contacts who have subscriptions to well-known pay-per-view sites and was told the family could not be found.

It seems what is in the SP index does not always match what is on the pay-per-view sites.

Same with Catherine McNAUGHTON. The index on SP for 1901 has one in St Rollox age 54 and one in Govan aged 59.  The one in St Rollox was found at 158 Parliamentary Road, but age as transcribed on the pay-per-view site was 56. The one in Govan could not be found.

I'll return to this branch of my family perhaps next year.

Fred