Author Topic: apple row  (Read 3380 times)

Offline mdb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
apple row
« on: Sunday 11 July 10 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, does anyone have any idea of where Apple Row was situated - probably in the lace market or Sneinton areas of Nottingham. I have an ancestor who lived there around the 1850's and hope to visit these areas soon but have not been able to find this place on a map old or new.
Thanks

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: apple row
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 July 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat.

Apple row was off Milk Street.  It you can't find that on the map you could try speaking to the Nottingham Archives who will point you in the right direction.

Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mdb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 July 10 15:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

Many thanks for your help.

marilyn

Offline LH35

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 16:09 BST (UK) »
yes my  family came from that area as well , ive been back , you wont find applerrow there any more but you will find howard street   just a few streets down in the same postion but  rebuilt after 1930s , i believe.

So where you need to go is where the side entrance to victoria centre is on Glasshouse street, oppersite is these street
St anns street
Perth street
Howard street
Rick street
Kent street

St anns street was originaly there ,  and theres a pub  on the corner believe it goes back to the early 1900s ,

If you go then take some photos , because i read somewhere they are wanting to  rebuild this area , with high rise buildings , so it will be lost forever ..
 Have you looked on Picture the past , loads of photos of that area and  Apple row ,

hope this is of help :)
wiltshire/wilsher,/Hartley/Holmes
Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire/yorkshire/Scotland

Offline Sandymc47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Fowlers of Yorkshire since 1685
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 13 July 10 16:20 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I live in Nottingham and know where the streets mentioned are.  If you cant get to Nottingham I am quite happy to take a photo of the streets for anyone if you need them.  Let me know and I will try and get down in the centre over the next week or so and take some photos of the streets mentioned.

regards
Sandymc
Midgley, Fowler, Chadwick, Kilvington, Routledge, Hewitt, Stevenson, Ward, Waite, Binks , Buck, Pearson,  Stanley, Firth, Child, Hobson, Rogers, all Leeds and Yorkshire for centuaries except the Routledges from Wigton, Cumbria and Middlesbrough. Related to McAllisters of Wilsontown

Offline mdb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 July 10 16:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info about Apple Row. Hopefully I will be up in Nottingham in August so hope to visit the area then. If I dont I will take you up on the offer of the photos.

Marilyn

Offline duffyW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 03 July 14 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, 
A very late reply, but if you  go to the `Picture the Past` website which contains photos of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire    and search for Apple Row you will find a photo.