Author Topic: McCauley & Gill Families Moville  (Read 6709 times)

Offline markharrison1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
McCauley & Gill Families Moville
« on: Tuesday 12 August 14 00:11 BST (UK) »
Looking for any further info anyone has on the Gill and McCauley Familes from Moville.
John McCauley married Maggie Gill in Greenock Scotland in 1905.
Maggies parents were Hugh Gill and Margaret McQuade.
Found a few kids on family search that seem to match the family. Looking for any prevoius generations if anyone has any info.
Johns father was Michael McCauley and mother could be Jeanie Wallace or something similar (hard to make out).
The mother was dead by 1905 and I think this could be the family in the 1901 Census but not 100% sure.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Donegal/Moville/River_Row/1186091/
Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Mark
GREENOCK, SCOTLAND.  Blue, Boyle, Brown, Byrne, Fitzpatrick, Harrison, Scully, Sweeney.
OLD KILPATRICK / DUNTOCHER, SCOTLAND. Brown, Angus, Martin.
CO ANTRIM. N.IRELAND Harrison, Marshall, Hamilton, Bamford.
DUN LAOGHAIRE / DUBLIN, IRELAND. Breslin, Byrne.
ROSCOMMON, IRELAND. Breslin, Brislan, Kilalea.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McCauley & Gill Families Moville
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 11:09 BST (UK) »
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~donegal

come down the page and click on Moville upper

also this site might beable to help you.

census for 1901 John Mc Cauley living with niece and nephew both born in scotland at Bredaghglen

Offline markharrison1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 August 14 23:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Rathmore,
Thanks for the response and links.
The John ln my tree was born abt 1884 so this one is too old, although it could be an uncle or other relative. I'll save it just in case.

Regards

Mark
GREENOCK, SCOTLAND.  Blue, Boyle, Brown, Byrne, Fitzpatrick, Harrison, Scully, Sweeney.

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 August 14 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

That looks like the correct family in the 1901 census, that being the case then John's parents are Michael McCauley and Jane Hemphill, married 1875, Moville. Michaels father was Bernard McCauley and Jane's father was John Hemphill.

A Jane McCauley death registered in 1899, Moville Civil Parish (third quarter) estimated birth 1855

Not sure if Wallace looks like Hemphill, if you want to upload an image of name, may be able to decipher

Regards
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America

Offline markharrison1973

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 August 14 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Joe,
Been doing lots of re-search on Michael over the last few days and came to the same conclusion as yourself. Managed to download John's death record which confirms his mother was Jane Hemphill. Informant was his wife so pretty sure thats accurate. Not sure what happened with the marriage record but defo looks like Jeanie Wallace.
Found Michael in 1911 Census and he seems to have aged 25 yers instead of 10 lol.
All other family members records look right. Weird.
Great find on the parents names I had Bernard but not Janes father John.
Now to try and find Bernard and John and their families.
Thanks again,
Regards
Mark

Offline sean mc cauley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
Looking for any further info anyone has on the Gill and McCauley Familes from Moville.
Found a few kids on family search that seem to match the family. Looking for any prevoius generations if anyone has any info.
Johns father was Michael McCauley and mother could be Jeanie Wallace or something similar (hard to make out).
The mother was dead by 1905 and I think this could be the family in the 1901 Census but not 100% sure.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Donegal/Moville/River_Row/1186091/

Offline sean mc cauley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 June 15 17:48 BST (UK) »
hello
My name is Sean Mc Cauley my Fathers name was John my grandfather was Michael and great grandfather was Michael who lived in river row Moville Co Donegal. My grandfather had three brothers John,Patrick and Thomas sisters Maggie Jeanie Rose-anne perhaps not in that order

Offline sean mc cauley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 June 15 19:55 BST (UK) »
Michael Mc Cauley  Jeanie Hemphill   river row Moville
sons Michael married Ellen Cooke children Jeanie, Michael, Tessie,John,Patrick and Bernard.
       John ?
       Patrick married Kathrine ? children Seamus,Kathleen, Mary ?
       Thomas bachelor.
Daughters Rose,Kate and Jane as far as i know never married Maggie married Jim Mc Laughlin (mantys) from Derry

Offline Jason McCauley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 September 16 21:22 BST (UK) »
Michael Mc Cauley  Jeanie Hemphill   river row Moville
sons Michael married Ellen Cooke children Jeanie, Michael, Tessie,John,Patrick and Bernard.
       John ?
       Patrick married Kathrine ? children Seamus,Kathleen, Mary ?
       Thomas bachelor.
Daughters Rose,Kate and Jane as far as i know never married Maggie married Jim Mc Laughlin (mantys) from Derry

Hello Sean, My name is Jason, I'm pretty sure we are related if the info you posted is accurate. I've got some slight variations but i'm fairly confident that we share the same Great Grandfather Michael McCauley. Your Grandfather Michael and mine John were Brothers. I noticed you didn't have any info next to his name. But all those other siblings check out on my end as my Grandfathers siblings with the exception of your Michael, I did not have that name but I do have another sister named Danie.

Mark Harrison above is related by marriage.

Im going to plug your info into my tree and see what results come forth.

Please contact me. I'm on Facebook: Jason McCauley. I won't put my email since it seems they dont want that. I couldnt find an option to send you a message on here. You can look up in Google "
TMC Web Designs" .com in google and get my email from the contact page.

You've got me very excited about this. Out of the blue I just did a random google search for "McCauley Moville Ireland" and happened across this page.

Looking forward to hearing from you.