Author Topic: Bracebridge Hospital/ St Johns Asylum Lincolnshire 1934-45 McNabb  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Mcnabb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bracebridge Hospital/ St Johns Asylum Lincolnshire 1934-45 McNabb
« on: Sunday 31 August 14 23:51 BST (UK) »
Hi,
My family is trying to trace my grandmother who was at Bracebridge hospital also known as St Johns from 1934-45. Her name was Elizabeth McNabb. She had two sisters and was married to a local doctor Robert Ward McNabb. My father never met his mother and we are trying to find a photograph of her for him or any info. Thank you for your time

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: Bracebridge Hospital/ St Johns Asylum Lincolnshire 1934-45 McNabb
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 September 14 03:10 BST (UK) »
Hi McNabb,

Welcome to Rootschat.  I too a "McNab" descendant, but of the Scottish/Irish variety, and don't have a great knowledge of English records.  If you can give any further details of Elizabeth - i.e. maiden surname, date of birth etc...  someone might be able to give you some pointers. (Maybe also details about Elizabeth's sisters if you have them?)  Have you googled "Bracebridge Hospital records"? - Might bring up some pointers as to whether they still exist.  The fact that Elizabeth was there of relatively recent years might be a privacy issue, but am sure that your husband has some rights to access them. 
Good luck with your research.
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 September 14 03:15 BST (UK) »
Have just googled "Bracebridge"... and it seems that records are at the National Archives - with of course the usual 100 year limit on access.   You might have done all of this already - the link is http://apps.nationalarchives.gov.uk/a2a/records.aspx?cat=057-stjohns&cid=0#0
And again, for rootschatters to help,  it could be helpful to have Elizabeth's basic details, if you are interested more on what happened to her ?after her stay at Bracebridge...
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

I see from the " Lincolnshire Echo " dated 23rd January 1935,

that  Robert Ward McNabb was appointed deputy medical office, to work along side his father .

it must have been a very busy time for him, especially if his wife was not well.

Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.